NEW GIRL FROM SLC UTAH

Options
I’m new to this site so any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gawirbaig
    gawirbaig Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow, great to see that you have lost 3 lbs Already, and you are just new to this site!! I have been using MFP for more than 2 weeks now, and the result is just 2 lbs loss :-( appreciate a few tips on how to reduce atleast 20 lbs more
  • DanLichty
    DanLichty Posts: 14
    Options
    I have only been on here 2 months and it is really helping me. I am much more aware of what I put in my body.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Don't completely eliminate the 'bad' food, just cut the portions. That way, you won't feel deprived, reducing the likelihood of falling off the wagon.
    Drink lots of water.
    Exercise as much and as frequently as you can.
    Log everything you swallow; otherwise, you're just fooling yourself.
    Be prepared to stay with us after you reach your goal. Maintenance is almost as hard as the losing.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP.. I started in April.. I guess the obvious suggestion is to log everything you eat no matter what.. Then after a week or so evaluate what you are eating and when . Also look at your exercise, I know that is my BIG weakness, I need to get off my tush and at least walk.. I am 52 now and still have the extra 45 pounds that I gained in my late 30's.. Lost it a couple times, but after a year or so I am back up.. so.. this time I am not 'dieting' I am making life changes, that I wish I would have made at 40. Eat simple good foods, no more fast foods or Lean cuisines unless I am really strapped for food.. I logged everything without changing my eating style for a few weeks, then I changed to the good foods, now I am watching calories and carbs ( but not the 'no carbs' yet).. I cannot make too many changes at once because I will not follow through, I know myself well enough to know where my weakness is ‘commitments’ ( at least to food and exercise) and of course.. Dark Chocolate, Lays potato chips and Ben& Jerry’s.. so.. those are my no-no’s. Hope you do well.. Here's to a healthy life !! Nancy H.:flowerforyou:
  • gawirbaig
    gawirbaig Posts: 5
    Options
    Is it also important to have 4-5 meals a day (obviously with reduced portions) in short duration of 2.5 - 3 hrs, will that help a bit?

The diet which I have been following includes 3 meals a day ( average cal intake of 400 per meal), an hour jogging 3 days a week, and a good portion of skim milk consumption ( about 400 ml) . So net call intake is about 1750... Don't see any reduction!!
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    Welcome! Just wanted to say hi. I'm from Draper so we're neighbors :)
  • greentiffanie
    greentiffanie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! I have been on here for over a year now, and have seen results than gained it back :( The one thing I would suggest is just be honest on your food diary. If you mess up one day oh well, just log it and move on. Being honest has really helped me this time around hold myself more accountable and really want to keep it off. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend, we all need as much support as we can get! :)
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    <---- also from SLC :)

We have some amazing mountains around here. I have been hiking a lot, and that is the best suggestion I have. Just get out there and see how beautiful it is up close!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm in Orem. Welcome!
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm currently hanging out in Vernal for the next few weeks. The process can be frustrating at times but just don't quit! Good luck on your journey...
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    <
    From Orem, UT here. This site is great! Full of support and motivation and great information. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • avaree
    avaree Posts: 2
    Options
    <---Ogdenite here. Welcome! I love this site - it helps keep ya honest. Good luck!
  • gijase
    gijase Posts: 13
    Options
    I’m new to this site so any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :flowerforyou:

I grew up in Taylorsville utah
  • Run4Health66
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you reach your goals.
  • SuperSteph81
    SuperSteph81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    West Haven resident here.

Let's go utahans!
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    Currently living in Salt Lake City, but a Kansan at heart, as evidenced by my ticker! Welcome.
  • jjennasmithh
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
    Just remember to always track on your mfp, it helps! :-)
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day.