MFP and my friends here kept me accountable today :)

Options
So 96 days ago (the day before I joined MFP) I gave myself a 100 day personal challenge...eat better, healthier, and do some form of exercise (barring any major injury/ailment). I have been doing really well, and have made a lot of wonderful friends here. The only time I missed my workouts so far was when I got sick and took an antibiotic that my doc said not to work out for the 10 day course due to it having a risk for tendon rupture, 3 days when I had oral surgery and doc said not to because of the stitches/bleeding, and a couple days limited to walks when I threw my back out (exercising, ironically). Food wise--staying almost always on track, but still enjoying life. I am down 42.5 lbs since mid-March and over 20" off my bust, hips and waist. My wedding is in August so that was my motivator.

Anyway, today I got up feeling tired and crappy. Got on my elliptical like I do every day (I love that machine, it's my favorite) but for some reason just wasn't into it. After one minute I stopped, sat on the couch...and my phone beeped with a notification.

MFP was congratulating me for 95 days of logging. And one of my dear friends, lionskitty, had posted "almost there!" because she knew about my 100 day challenge. Those two things alone got my butt back off OFF the couch, onto the elliptical, and I finished my workout.

Thanks to MFP and all my friends here for keeping the fire lit under my butt!

Replies

• lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I look forward to logging in with you (and all my MFP friends) everyday! It's keeping me on track <3 Much love and hugs awesome lady! You are truly an inspiration, a ray of sunshine and a phenomenal source of encouragement, comfort and strength :) From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being you.
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I look forward to logging in with you (and all my MFP friends) everyday! It's keeping me on track <3 Much love and hugs awesome lady! You are truly an inspiration, a ray of sunshine and a phenomenal source of encouragement, comfort and strength :) From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being you.

Ditto x100000

LOL this is quite the mutual admiration society! But true :)
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you how many times my buddies have gotten my butt moving! I have some real faithful friends here and like you appreciate it a lot!
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Your rock lady! I have watched you do so well. You are an inspiration to me!!!
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You all keep my on track too!