Canned pumpkin recipies

Options
Does anyone have any low calorie pumpkin recipies? after my meal i often need something to satisfy a sweetooth and never know what to do!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Keegiejae
    Keegiejae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup egg white...pumpkin pie spices...microwave for 3 minutes
    top with syrup/pb/jelly/etc.... delicious!!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You can make your normal pumpkin pie recipe but leave the crust out. Just pour the mix into a pie plate and bake like normal.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Apple Butter: http://www.meals.com/Recipes/Pumpkin-Apple-Butter.aspx?recipeid=28488

Also the post under 100 calorie brownie also contains canned pumpkin and looks really tasty!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Someone else posted Semi Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.
    Get one box of Spice cake mix, 1 15oz can of pumpkin, 2 eggs, 1/2 c water... mix together. Pour into 24 cupcake cups...bake as per box... only 98 cals/cupcake!

Super scrumptious! And my kids and their friends devoured these at our Halloween party! Listed in the food bank already!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup egg white...pumpkin pie spices...microwave for 3 minutes

Sounds simple enough. What does this come out like, texture-wise? Puffy, like a souffle?
  • Keegiejae
    Keegiejae Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Sounds simple enough. What does this come out like, texture-wise? Puffy, like a souffle?

Yeah, it doesn't puff too much, ends up looking like a cake depending on your dish, it's quite soft. It's fairly pumpkin pie-like consistency, making a healthy snack that can satisfy those cravings.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I make this often and love it, but I ONLY use the cake mix and the pumpkin, mix til incorporated, no other ingredients required. do it as a cake, muffins or like i do drop spoonfuls on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment) and you have muffin tops! :smile: i use both chocolate or spice cake mix
    Someone else posted Semi Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.
    Get one box of Spice cake mix, 1 15oz can of pumpkin, 2 eggs, 1/2 c water... mix together. Pour into 24 cupcake cups...bake as per box... only 98 cals/cupcake!

Super scrumptious! And my kids and their friends devoured these at our Halloween party! Listed in the food bank already!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    someone else posted a recipe for Ribbon Pumpkin Bread a few days ago - I made it last night and it's fabulous.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I do something similar to the Spice Cake recipe but with Devil's Food Cake:

1 15 oz can pumpkin
    1 box of Devil's Food Cake mix
    1/4 cup water

Mix together and either put into muffin cups or bake like a cake. Sometimes I add 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips too - they are gooey and chocolatey and delicious!
  • storybook
    Options
    I did the pumpkin, cake mix with an orange cake mix last week. Nothing else, well 4 T water. It was as good at the spice.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi heres a healthy food lovers Pumpkin Pie Recipe;

CRUST
    1 1/2 cups King Arthurs White Whole Wheat Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (sifted)
    1/4 cup grape seed oil
    1/4-1/2 cup water

FILLING
    1-15 oz can of pumpkin puree
    2/3 cup Organic Evaporated Cane Juice (comes in a orange/green bag by sugars-walmart its a healthier choice, brown sugar)
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/4 tap groud cloves
    3 large egg whites
    1 cup light soy milk

METHOD
    Make crust

Sitr water and oil into the flour. The dough should be moist enough to roll into a ball yet dry enough not to stick to your hands. If needed add more water, a bit at a time until the above consistency is attained.

Rol the dough with a rolling pin on a floured piece of parchment paper until the dough is a 12 inch circle about 1/8 inch thick. Invert rolled dough onto a pie plate. Pinch the top edge to give the pie a nice convoluted crust.

Make the filling

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

In small bowl combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl combine pumpkin puree, egg whites and soy milk. Add ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour int prepared pie crust. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce temp to 350 and bake an additional 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Serves 8

Approximate nutritional analysis per serving; 196 calories (4 grams of protein, 24 gms of carbs, 7gm of fat, 3gm of fiber

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just put some canned pumpkin in the Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt and add all sorts of fruit - blueberries, strawberries, apples, raspberries, etc (not all at once, of course)... I also throw in some fiber one original fiber cereal. Very filling and sweet! Vanilla yogurt with apples, cinnamon, and fiber one is also GREAT. Good for any meal - breakfast, lunch, dinner, OR dessert.
  • justbeyou
    Options
    I think this came from the Hungy Girl Website. I am making this today!!

Wayne's Pumpkin Smash

PER SERVING (1 piece, 1/9th of recipe): 65 calories, <0.5g fat, 81mg sodium, 12g carbs, 1g fiber, 7g sugars, 5g protein -- POINTS® value 1*

Ingredients:
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
    One 12-oz. can evaporated fat-free milk
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.

Place mixture in a baking dish (8" X 8" works well) sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. (It will remain a little soft, like pie filling.)

Once ready to serve (it's delicious eaten hot or cold), cut into 9 pieces.

Serve and enjoy!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS
  • Dianeb412
    Options
    :drinker: - I have done the choco. cake mix and a can of pumpkin- nothing else
    it is delicious and soooooooo moist
  • jadenfox
    jadenfox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just made the canned pumpkin, spice cake mix and water only recipe- its amazing!!!!

284609.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    202554.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

I make a great Cranberry Apple crunch desert or serve with the turkey. Just wash fresh cranberries about 2 cups.
    1 cup of diced and peeled apples
    1 tsp of sugar
    1 tsp of flour

mix the cranberry and apples in a bowl and sprinkle in the flour and sugar

In another bowl mix 4 Instant Quaker Oatmeal packets
    1/2 cup of brown sugar
    2/3 cup of ground up walnuts or peacans
    1 cup of melted margerine

Put the cranberries and apples in a rectangle or square pan then sprinkle the oatmeal mix over the cranberries and pat down like a topping

Bake at 325 until the cranberries are bubbling and the crunch on top is a little brown. It is sooooo gooood