Not losing weight - PLEASE HELP!

Options
Hello! I have been om MPF for some time now but I haven't lost weight.
People alwasy say "just start working out, moving more" and I did, I go on the elliptical trainer 45 minutes, atleast 5 times a week.
I also cycle 5 times a week (about 9-10km). But that doesn't really help me lose weight.
I tried the calorie counting, which made me lose some reeeeeaaaally slowly, then in 1-2 weeks I regained it all (not doing anything differently, still working out) *
Now I tried low carb, Atkins (I tried that twice now, first time I didn't read the book very well. This time I did) and I only lost 0.7 kg in the first two weeks, while they say this is the biggest weightloss and it would be 3-6.
I don't know what I should do right now, I really wanna lose weight and I am really decicated, so please tell me what I can do now! I am really stressed out....

*this was about 1400-1500 calories a day I was eating, eating some of the calories from exercising back

Replies

• robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey girlfriend, it's your friend Robin. Maybe you're trying too hard. The only thing that i did different before I lost weight was stop eating junk food as much as possible. I started walking outside, very,very,very fast from 30 minutes to 60 mins at least 3 days a week I do the step class from home. I have a dvd.

I started with a weight of 132lbs. May not sound like a lot, but if I kept going with those bad eating habits, it would have gone up, I know, it happened to me before. I started in February doing those exercises and from that poinit, I am almost at my goal weight which is 118. I don't mind if a gain a pound of two from that point, I will still be at a comfortable weight and most of all an Healthy weight. I have only 1lbs to go. It's not easy at first, and I was getting me upset because when I first started, nothing was happening and I was working out hard, but I just kept on doing it and after awhile the pounds started to drop. When I started with MFP I had already started to lose weight, but I needed some support and that is what all my MFPs has been doing for me.

We will cheer you on no matter what. We are all differnet, some lose quicker than others, but believe me, you will lose weight if you keep on doing what you are doing. Just don't give up. I am still here for you and all my MFPs.

STAY STRONG AND CHECK BACK IN TO MFP, we miss you!!!

Robin
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary for the last few days but it was empty. What are your macros set at? Watch your fiber and sodium intake. I say this because your body may be changing, but the scale still reads the same weight. Have you tried lifting heavy weights? That will build muscle and burn fat. Keep track of your measurements. You may be getting smaller, but holding water as your muscles repair themselves.