Do you eat after working out?

Do you eat something small after working out? If so, what do you eat?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Always...my workouts are intense and I have to replenish the stored sugar and supply amino acids, so carbs and protein. Usually cereal with milk, or fat free chocolate milk, or oats with milk...some combination of carbohydrates and protein with very little fat.
  • I add some protein powder to some light chocolate soy milk :) I try to make sure to get myself at least 25 grams of protein within the hour after my workouts. If I workout in the morning, I do it on an empty stomach straight out of bed and then eat a protein-rich breakfast after my shower, like scrambled egg whites, wheat toast and veg "sausage" patties. Delicious!
  • I eat a healthy breakfast after I work out because I don't like to eat before I exercise. I either have oatmeal and an apple or banana or 2 eggs or cereal .
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    I usually drink lots of water..and not eat because its usually after dinner that I walk..:-)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Banana 1/2 hour before, protein shake after. Feels good,,,,,,,, :drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    If it was a strenuous workout in the morning, I like to smoothie it up afterwards (and count the smoothie as breakfast). I blend 1/2 scoop whey protein powder & some frozen fruit & nonfat yogurt. Delicious & it always revives me (carbs + protein). Also, the frozen aspect helps cool me down. At night I tend to crave a cup or so of milk (I drink 1% as a compromise with the whole-milk-loving-skim-milk-hating bf) or a banana.
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    im ussually starving after a hard workout
    so i drink a bottle of water and have a light snack

because
    my body confuses hunger with thirst sometimes
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    your goals can play a big part in how much and what you eat post workout.. I have been on a strict diet so I eat 6 servings of egg whites post workout and a cup of stir fry beans.

If I was currently consuming more calories daily I would also add some healthy carbs to that meal.