8 Glasses of Water

Options
Doesn't drinking 8 glasses or more of water make you want to pee constantly? How do you cope?

Replies

• KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    By peeing constantly.
  • palfaro151
    Options
    By peeing constantly.

lol, sounds like fun.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    At first it can, but once your body gets properly hydrated and adjusts to it, no, you don't have to pee constantly.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    lol. I had drifted away from the 8 a day and when my weight loss almost stopped I started drinking my 8 again and started losing again. I have to drink them to lose.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I agree with rumpusparable. Initially you need to go frequently, then it becomes much less often. If you were drinking WAY less than you should have before, it may not go all the way back down to where it was. You may also notice that it smells less strongly and is lighter in color. People who were drinking way too little may notice an improvement in their skin -- fewer fine lines and a better ability to "bounce back" if stretched or poked. (Gently pinch a small amount of skin. When you let go, it should go back to normal shape quickly. If you're dehydrated, it will take longer.) Keep in mind that getting rid of what it doesn't need and harmful materials is part of a healthy, functioning body and your kidneys, urine, skin and perspiration are all important parts of that.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day for at least 7 months and I still pee like every hour.
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You go to the bathroom constantly for the first week, but then your body adjusts and you won't go as often. :-)
  • Adureeuh
    Adureeuh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally I like to drink most of my water with my meals, that way I don't overeat and I don't have to use the bathroom constantly. I do drink some water throughout the day so it adds up to a lot. I do feel I have to use the bathroom more often than the average person, lol, but it makes me feel a lot better when I drink enough.