I'm new here!

Options
Hello MFP's! I am new here and looking for some new support from the outside. For the first time in my life i have addmitted to myself that i am over weight and it's time to do sometihng about it! no matter how much i lie about my weight....I know what it really is. I am a full time working mommy with 2 under school age. I want to be able to enjoy my children and have the energy to get out there and play with them and give them the mommy they deserve!!
A little personal backgroung - this is what lead me to be where i am today - I grew up with a father constantly telling me i'm too fat...that i'm beautiful - if i could only lose some weight. In grade-school, he would weigh and measure every bite of food that went into my body. I was made to run....and run...and run...and run...and yet, still was too fat to make dad happy. I came SO close to dropping out of school because of the bullies constantly telling me i was fat...making moo sounds as i walked down the hall....nicknames i don't even want to repeat...etc.
Let me tell you...all this did was make me sad and depressed and guess how i coped? YEP, i ATE! I'm sad..i eat, i'm happy, i eat, i'm bored, i eat. You get the idea!
Now, I'm past all of that. I am now 37 years old and it took me this long to figure out only I have control of ME and I want to do this for me! If anything, I want to be able to look dad in the eyes and tell him - SUCK IT!! Look at me now! LOL!
Just looking for some "pals" to keep me on track and keep me motivated...to share ups and downs with and get through the journey successfully! I am on a mission - and this time it's MY mission to WIN!

Replies

• SamTheIntlDvlpr
    Options
    Wow, thats crazy stuff! I had the worst self-esteem issues back in middle - high school, I wanted to be like all the skinny girls in school, or at least have a body like beyonce or someone, and it actually affected my weight even more, I also gained weight because I ate when i was sad, stressed bored, i know how it goes! But i really hope you get to your goal! U dont have anything to prove to anyone except for yourself :) so if you want feel free to add me !
  • chunkyjeff
    chunkyjeff Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Now thats a strong determination you have found inside of yourself and i would be glad to be your friend and we could help each other as i am new here too ... you can definitely add me
  • Manderator
    Manderator Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo with you on the eating whenever for whyever lol. You can do this though cause you are one strong lady! Feel free to add me as well! I can always use more friends :D
  • hddeuce1966
    hddeuce1966 Posts: 104
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like my dad's twin. Except I was skinny, so I was told that I was ugly. My sister was really pretty, and I was always compared to her. It has taken a very long time in therapy to believe in myself enough to do this. I think the fact that I was teased for being too skinny has something to do with being overweight now. Add me if you wish.
  • designdebb
    designdebb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is an awful, I too would love to say something to your father... but I'll leave that to you, I must admit I cant wait for the day you confront him with look at me and your an asssss....
    I am here to help motivate you every step of the way.... defently add me...
  • lindnan
    lindnan Posts: 1
    Options
    Emotional eating is my downfall as well, happy, sad, or indifferent. Add me, I will empathize.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow... I can't imagine putting a kid through that! Feel free to add me!
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have a lot in common...and I understand overcoming the past and recognizing the present can be tough! But if you want a friend who logs daily...here's one :smile:

Just sent you a friend request.

Anyone else who's interested feel free to add me too!
  • nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! The support is great.
  • Stephy_LP
    Stephy_LP Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow! I know I will sound sappy but I teared up. I know how it is to feel like you are pretty but too fat. We can do this together! I love MFP and the ppl on here are so supportive! We are never alone and thanks for sharing your story.
  • jlove720
    jlove720 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wish you blessings on your journey. My father was DEF an @ss, but thankfully not to that extreme. Add me and send me as many messages as you like. This is YOUR life and YOUR time to take control. I know you'll do well because you've made it thus far. As with all things, honesty and admittance is the first step. You've taken that. Time to move onward and upward, for your sake and the sake of your children. Everyone on here is extremely encouraging (as far as I've experienced). Again, blessings and add me!:happy: