Tonight I want to cook...

Options
A healthy meal for my boyfriend. Now I am an awful cook and I am learning! So, do you guys have an simple, delicious, and healthy meals I can prepare? I will go to the store and get the ingredients :)

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Steak - use sirloin + mc cormick grill mates
    Baked potato + ff sour cream + chives - use a medium sized potato, no butter
    Green beans - get the green giant steamer ones from the freezer section
    fruits for dessert
  • Muskiecat
    Muskiecat Posts: 7
    Options
    How about a delicious, roughly 200 calorie meal? This is for one serving, so you could double this:

Nicoise Salad

1 new potato, cooked and sliced
    1 egg, hardboiled and sliced
    1 cup of spinach or lettuce, chopped
    1 oz drained tuna
    4 olives
    White wine vinegar

Create the salad by topping the lettuce with tuna, olives, potato and hard boiled eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with a splash of vinegar.

I actually used 1 tablespoon of champagne citrus vinegar, and used kalamata olives. This meal was so delicious and satisfying that I had it two days in a row!
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    How about fish? It's easy to cook and good for you. Ask the person working for recipes on how to cook the fish you chose. Add a nice garden fresh salad and some steamed green beans...fresh ones of course.;) Fresh strawberries and blueberries for dessert or maybe you won't need dessert. LOL
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love the website he and she eat clean. They have a lot of great healthy clean eatting recipes that taste great. Especially the slow cooked chili, "healthy pizza" and zucchini lasagna.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Have a grill? Any meat seasoned and grilled is good. Freshed grilled or steamed veggies on the side. Wear something sexy. If dinner isn't delicious he will quickly forget. ;)
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/cheesy-jalapeno-popper-baked-stuffed.html

made that for my boyfriend last week, he loved it. and it's lowcal :)
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has some kick butt recipes, My hubby's personal favorite is the chicken piccata :smile:
  • elizabethl27
    elizabethl27 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!! They all sounded great... :)
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Bumping for the Nicoise Salad recipe!
  • mayhemrat2
    mayhemrat2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump