Girls with 10-15 lb to lose

Options
Those with 10-15 lb to lose, what's your weight loss goal per week? 1 lb?1/2 lb?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    1/2lb....i can't cope with any lower an amount of calories :(
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I set my goal right now to 1 lb but contemplating to setting it to 1/2. I'm curious to see what people's opinions are :)
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I find that I don't lose weight with a 1/2 pound goal set in MFP. Its calculated to a pound but more realistically, I actually only lose a 1/2 pound or so, sometimes less because I have a problem curbing my 8 pm snacking habit :-)
  • onikonor
    Options
    Does your weight come off slower when you have 10-15 to lose? Or does it all depend on caloric deficit.
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I started out wanting to lose 15lbs and set it to 1/2lb per week and that's right about where I lost it. When I was running it was pretty spot on, however, now that I've stopped running and started Insanity (as you know), I haven't lost any weight and I'm still on the 1/2lb-per-week plan. (I got down to 132 from 145 two weeks before my half marathon, then gained a pound before the half, then gained another pound since then...the race was in mid-May). I'm thinking once I start running again I can drop down to 130 at the 1/2lb per week calories. I dunno, sorry, that was probably confusing, I just confused myself!!! :ohwell:
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Okay, my math sucks so I'm not going to even check this, but I lost 12lbs in four months. I wanted to take it slow because I was training for the half marathon and didn't want to lose too much weight too fast and I needed that fuel for running!
  • onikonor
    Options
    Okay, my math sucks so I'm not going to even check this, but I lost 12lbs in four months. I wanted to take it slow because I was training for the half marathon and didn't want to lose too much weight too fast and I needed that fuel for running!

A loss is still a loss ;) I bet you lost more than that but gained muscle.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ive got 10 to lose, and am aiming for .5lb/weeek. if slower then thats okay too, i dont wanna lose muscle. im eating 1900 per day
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm at my last 5lb, and have it set to 0.5lb/week. I have been slowly upping my calories so that I don't shock my body by eating more when I get there and put it all back on! At this point, when I reach goal weight, I will only be adding 200 calories to my daily diet.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose about 13lbs or so- and the closer you get to your "ideal" weight the harder it is to lose. At least that's the case for me. Even with the 1/2lb setting, i still don't lost 1/2lb a week. Very frustrating!
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    mfp puts me at 1200 cals for 1, 1.5, and 2 pounds so i just have it set to lose 1 pound but im breastfeeding too so i have to add 500 cals....i found it interesting though that since i started it with the 1200 cal setting i have hit a plataue...but the last 2 weeks ive increased my cals and lost 2 pounds both weeks.

im 5'6 and i started at 215 and right now im 169 with a goal of 155
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose 1 lb a week, but I haven't had much success. I keep yo-yo-ing between 151 and 155 (trying to get down to 145). So maybe I'll go down to .5, too.

I know my problem has been eating. I have terrible binges sometimes and it destroys my progress.
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine is at .8 a lb per week

21948443.png Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Correction it's at .7 lb per week but that's on a 1,200 calorie count
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1lb a week but have been up and down with the same 2lbs for a month or so. The last 10 have been hard to get rid of. Recently i tried the zig-zag calorie plan and that helped knock the plateau but now i find my snacking at night some making it hard to shake the last lbs.