New mom of 2 on a mission! (with pics)

Options
amclaws25
amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
I have been using MFP off and on during my weight loss journey, but only just recently started using it for the community benefits. I have been on my journey since January and have lost 40 pounds. I started at 213 (biggest I have EVER been) and am now down to 173. I have my daily limit of calories set to 1500 and I work out 4-5 days a week. Usually I do 30-50 minutes of cardio and then intense weight training for about 40 minutes. I have been holding steady around 173 for about a month now and am thinking it may be time to gradually increase my calorie intake to kick my weight loss up again. Your opinions and tips would be great! :wink:

Here is my before picture at 213.....
7409416182_76b80224ff.jpg
IMAG0147-1 by amclaws25, on Flickr

7409416084_1c523883da.jpg
IMAG0146-1 by amclaws25, on Flickr

And here is a current picture at 173.......
7409416012_3bc59bae9b.jpg
IMAG0578-1-1 by amclaws25, on Flickr

7409415906_d168c3d836.jpg
IMAG0577-1-1 by amclaws25, on Flickr

I still have a ways to go but I am seeing big improvements and am loving the new me. I'm ready to get back to the fit bod I once had...... (I actually used to have nice stomach definition and v-cuts once upon a time! LOL) :happy:

Replies

• mrsmarion2b
    Options
    I have been using MFP off and on during my weight loss journey, but only just recently started using it for the community benefits. I have been on my journey since January and have lost 40 pounds. I started at 213 (biggest I have EVER been) and am now down to 173. I have my daily limit of calories set to 1500 and I work out 4-5 days a week. Usually I do 30-50 minutes of cardio and then intense weight training for about 40 minutes. I have been holding steady around 173 for about a month now and am thinking it may be time to gradually increase my calorie intake to kick my weight loss up again. Your opinions and tips would be great! :wink:

I still have a ways to go but I am seeing big improvements and am loving the new me. I'm ready to get back to the fit bod I once had...... (I actually used to have nice stomach definition and v-cuts once upon a time! LOL) :happy:

Great progress you look good! I'm also a new mom, had my little girl almost 8 weeks ago now. I've lost 41 lbs, have 6.5 lbs to go to my pre pregnancy weight ! Finding these last few lbs a lot harder to shift! Have u tried drinking more water? I notice on the days I drink more water that I lose more! Good luck to you :)
  • mrsrdqz86
    mrsrdqz86 Posts: 19
    Options
    Have you tried supplements or whey? Ive also been stuck and am increasing my calories, kinda scared about that for fear of gaining weight so im just kinda playing around with the numbers right now ... you look great by the way!
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    Amazing progress! You look great!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You look like you are doing a fantastic job! My main question would be "what specifically are you eating now"?
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job! Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions so I just wanted to give some encouragement! Keep up the good work!
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! My breakfasts usually consists of some sort of protein shake that I make at home with Whey Isolate, and/or oatmeal, eggs, fruit. For lunch is usually something along the lines of salad, greek yogurt, chicken, tuna, turkey wrap. For mid meal snacks I like cottage cheese, deli meats, veggies, fruits, (and my occasional cookie ;) lol). Dinner varies but is usually some form of lean meat, veggie, and a grain. Sometimes in the form of a stew or soup I made, like chicken chilli. I have cut out all soda and just try eating healthier but I, in no way, deny myself something I want. I just make up for it at the gym or with the rest of my meals. I do workout very hard, especially weight training, while keeping my heart rate up the entire session. I also have another protein drink after my workout. I am concerned with the increased muscle mass I have gained, that my body may be needing more than the 1500 calories I'm eating.
  • Sarahsumbrella
    Options

Great progress you look good! I'm also a new mom, had my little girl almost 8 weeks ago now. I've lost 41 lbs, have 6.5 lbs to go to my pre pregnancy weight ! Finding these last few lbs a lot harder to shift! Have u tried drinking more water? I notice on the days I drink more water that I lose more! Good luck to you :)

You lost 41lbs in 8 weeks????
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

I was stuck at 173 exactly too! no Joke! I JUST broke it a couple of days ago and now I'm down to 170 or so :] I would say make your body work....I ate more than usual for a few days and then less than usual and I dropped it. I sort of calorie cycled to an extreme and it worked. lol. Like I ate pizza one day and quesadilla's (mostly cuz I was irritated so I figured why not!) then I ate normal food at home and below my calorie limit (which is 1500 as well!) and I dropped a couple of pounds. :] I didn't eat enough to GAIN, more ate at maintenance level and whatever I felt like..lol. I probably did that for two or three days and I drank water with every meal to make up for the extra salt. I would assume I had some extra water as well as weight that was being stubborn and it just fell off of me over the next week or so. I pray you pass your plateau and that I look that awesome eventually! I have a 19 month old and a 3 month old. <3
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

You lost 41lbs in 8 weeks????
    LOL I think she meant 4....I looked at the ticker?
  • fitandstrongmommy
    fitandstrongmommy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    way to go you look great:smile: