Motivating Friends?

Options
Hey! My name is Jessica, I'm 24 years old and I'm looking for some more friends on here who will be motivating (I will be the same to you!)

I started about a week ago (at 235) and today I am down to 220. My goal weight is 135(ish). I am losing weight by eating healthier foods and less (obviously) and exercising. I try to either go for a walk around my neighborhood (~2 miles) or to the gym for at least 1 hour 4-5 days a week.

I get on here everyday, so I will comment and keep up with you! :)

Send me friend requests if you want to motivate a motivating friend, if that makes sense... oh and if you want to tell me a little about yourself and/or your goals, send a message with the friend request! Thanks.

I look forward to hear from you!

Replies

• rmil102
    rmil102 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Jessica!!

It would be great to link and support each other - like you I'm going to try and do a bit of exercise at least 5x a week. This week I did Mon-Thurs with a day off today and plan to do a longer session tomorrow. Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated though so its great to have people to chat too!!

I sometimes fall down in my eating choices do its great to learn off others!!!

How much are you looking to lose? Have you got some mini goals set up?

Becky
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would love more supportive friends. My name is Kristen and Im 26 yrs old. My highest weight was 203 and I am now down to about 194. My Goal weight is 120 but Ill take 135 to start. I was going to the gym about 3 times a week but I havent been able to go for the past month. I plan to start the TurboFire Program (once again) on Monday. Add me if you would like. Good luck! :)
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I hope I am a motivational friend! I just joined not too long ago as well but before I joined I did lose 23lbs! I have been stuck at a pleateau for a while now and its been very discouraging but I am trying to not be hard on myself or not to give up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I will send you a request! I am getting close to my goal weight, but am on here every day and love to support friends, new and old :) Keep up the great work!

Mary Beth
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sending one now.. :smile:
  • missxh0llywo0d
    missxh0llywo0d Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica!!

It would be great to link and support each other - like you I'm going to try and do a bit of exercise at least 5x a week. This week I did Mon-Thurs with a day off today and plan to do a longer session tomorrow. Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated though so its great to have people to chat too!!

I sometimes fall down in my eating choices do its great to learn off others!!!

How much are you looking to lose? Have you got some mini goals set up?

Becky

My total weightloss from when I started a week ago at 235 will be 100 pounds. I have set up some mini goals as well. If I am able to reach each of those goals, I will be the weight that I hope to be in a year, but I know that in order to do this I have to be strong and stay motivated and in the past the lack of motivation (both from myself and from others) has led me to quit. This time, I am NOT quitting.
  • geisy612
    geisy612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, been at it 6 weeks and have lost almost 8lbs. Training for my first 10k in october! 22 lbs left to lose!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Always looking for friends to motivate and help motivate. Because even the best of us go through a rough patch and it's good having support. Im open to any friend requests and try my best to motivate and support. I've lost a bunch of weight before, but by no means an expert. but I have been there, done that, and then watched it all disappear just like that.
  • Richard323
    Richard323 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm facing very similar goals. I have a total weight loss thus far of 26lbs in about 45 days. I have about 70lbs to go.
    I always love new friend. I love the prospect of long term friends who share the same goal. Hard to make a new Fitness buddy who reaches their goal and goes away.
    I'm very human I have many days I mess up, however I've held it together. I share an open food log and I LOG EVERYTHING.. BAD, GOOD, Embarassing I log it.. SO anyone who feels like they could use good support, and vice versa, feel free to send me a friend request, please be a real person and in it for the real deal not to just be weird and use this as a social media outlet for your bordem. Have seen a lot of that!
  • rmil102
    rmil102 Posts: 11
    Options
    Great post richard - we all have good and bad days and being honest about both that keeps you going with the weight loss! Before I joined My Fit Pal I lost 40lb calorie.counting using a pad a paper and that took me about 10 months Jessica - slow and steady helps you keep it off. I still have about 30 lbs to go too! And started using this full time about a couple of months ago.

Good luck everyone....I'm always looking for more people to support and be supportive so feel free to add me too! Like Richard my diary shows the good, the bad and the ugly and I'm always looking to learn more about healthy eating if u guys have tips!!!
  • jcharlotte
    jcharlotte Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Jessica, I need motivation too!!! Would love some new friends & support! Just sent a friend request:) I was 174 & now I'm 144 my goal is 125!!
  • sdavis0224
    sdavis0224 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello Jessica, love to share the motivation could always use more support. Sent a friend request you way.

Sheena :)
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be friends! I've got about a hundred pounds to lose - I'm also 220 now, and I'm aiming for 115-120 (I'm 5'1"). I've lost a few pounds so far, and I'm looking forward to continuing to work out and eat healthier. I try to swim 5-6 days a week, and pretty soon I'm going to start some strength training :)

Edit: If anyone else would like to add me as a friend, I would be pleased to return the favor!
  • whitneyjadebanker
    whitneyjadebanker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Jessica, I'm 24 years old and I'm looking for some more friends on here who will be motivating (I will be the same to you!)

I started about a week ago (at 235) and today I am down to 220. My goal weight is 135(ish). I am losing weight by eating healthier foods and less (obviously) and exercising. I try to either go for a walk around my neighborhood (~2 miles) or to the gym for at least 1 hour 4-5 days a week.

I get on here everyday, so I will comment and keep up with you! :)

Send me friend requests if you want to motivate a motivating friend, if that makes sense... oh and if you want to tell me a little about yourself and/or your goals, send a message with the friend request! Thanks.

I look forward to hear from you!

We have such similar stats and goals - adding you :) we can do this!
  • RobynBourgeois
    Options
    Hi Jessica! Sounds like you are certainly on the right track! I log on every day and try to always leave an encouraging word to everyone each day! Anyone feel free to add me as well. I also share an open log and track the good, bad & ugly. I feel that as long as we are honest about what we are doing, good or bad, it will keep us on track.
  • sdp2011uk
    sdp2011uk Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I used this site about 2 years ago and just fell off! I need help getting motivated to do exersice at home and need advice on ab and 'love handle' exercises that I can do in a short space of time due to exhausting work hours! Help please!
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica! Sending a FR now ... would love to motivate a motivating friend!

Congrats on your weight loss so far, you've done amazingly well!
  • jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options
    My name is Jessica and I"m 24 years old too!

Adding you :)
  • emmajohns1983
    Options
    Hi Jessica!

I'm looking for some motivation friends too :) I'm 28 and was 220lbs 6 months ago so about where you are now I think (though im only just over 5 foot! I joined myfitnesspal as I got to 168lbs and got stuck and needed a boost and some people to get through the next 34lbs! And it's working.

You're doing so well already so congrats on that you're doing fab fab fab! FR on it's way :) xxx