Countdown to New Year's!

Options
Seven weeks until New Year's Eve...sounds like a nice mid-level goal to reach towards!

I just made plans for that evening....my boyfriend and I, with a group of about 15 people, are renting an amazing cabin out in the woods haha. Plenty of bedrooms, tons of kitchen space, and lots and lots of room for drinking and general debauchery. The kicker: 12-person hot tub outside in the snow! Which means I need to be in amazing shape in 7 weeks, or at least drop about 15 pounds and tone up :)

My boyfriend and most of the people going on this trip do parkour every week, they're in pretty great shape. I don't want to be the fatty hehe.

So who's with me? My recent loves while trying to lose weight and tone up: coconut water, chocolate protein shakes, banana bread oatmeal, and fat-free cottage cheese.

In it to win it!

Replies

• tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. Although I don't have that much to loose, this was my first goal and I have a feeling I will have a second goal weight once I get down to 135, so I am definatly in because by New Year's I want to look my best:drinker:

-Tanya
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! :bigsmile:
    I've been really diligent the past few weeks with diet and exercise and I want to keep going! I'm feeling really accomplished with my weight loss goals lately and waayyy more dedicated to a healthy life style than I have been in a long time.

I'm currently 20 pounds away from my overall goal (hopefully by March) but I'd like to drop another 10 by January.

What should the "rules" for this group be?

Should we check in on a certain day of the week with weight loss results, exercise goals or overall motivation?

It would really keep me in line to have to answer to someone at the end of the week or something.

What do y'all think?

I say CHEERS to a HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2010! :drinker:
  • Road2Hotness
    Options
    I'm with you girl! A minimum of 2 lbs a week is doable.

I am going on vacation to Puerto Rico in a 10 days and I made a goal to be at 220 lbs by 11/22. I got 4.5 lbs left to go and I know I can do it. Hell I may even pass that! :drinker:

Stay focused. You can do it! Good Luck to you. :wink:

~ Rachel - Madison WI
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I say we check in on Mondays...maybe keep us more accountable over the weekend? I know that's when I usually lose my focus. But with this new goal, I think I can keep my head straight.

I'll go ahead and start off with some current stats and goals for new year's:

Current weight: 170ish (ups and down from 169-172)
    Goal weight 12/31: 155

I'm going to take a picture tonight on my Mac of me in my swimsuit (yikes!) and then maybe I'll have a before/after picture for new year's!

All are welcome to add me as a friend, I respond every day (this place is my new hangout haha) and generally post on my blog as well...mostly for me, there probably isn't much for anyone else in there, but who knows.

But let's check in on Monday with weight, goals, and definitely some motivation and tips. I'm always looking for snack ideas and recipes!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    so my current weight is 137
    New Year's Goal: 125

Once I am at 135 I will update my ticker.

Good luck everyone with your weight loss.

We can do it:drinker:

-Tanya
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im in!

My current weight is 130
    New years goal is 118

good luck all!
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Woo!
    Count me IN! :D

SW: 213
    CW: 206
    GW: 170-175...ish

My goal weight for New Years is 194 :)
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I would love to join!

I'm about 158lbs right now and I would like to be 148lbs by then! I think a 10 lb loss is good for me :smile:

What about doing daily challenges? like exercises and/or food intake, watching calories, carbs, drink water etc One different thing we can focus on each day? That might motivate us more :smile:
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Im in! So are our weigh ins on Monday?
    Im 145
    goal weight by new years is 135
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am in :smile:
    Is there a way to track a group or a conversation?

I am going to be home at New Years seeing all of my friends from high school, I need to look good :smile:

Start: 143
    Goal for 12/31: 137
  • minus10
    minus10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to join, but I want to be in.
  • passionhi
    Options
    I am so IN!!!! :happy: My current weight is is 159, my goal weight for New Years Day is 149 lbs. And Mondays are a great check in date.

Thanks CMurphy for the idea!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    OK so weigh ins on MONDAY!!! Who is going to be responsable for posting the forum? And will it be under motivation and support?
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    If we want to start a new thread each Monday, I'll take charge of that. I'm on the east coast and usually log my breakfast when I get into work around 9am EST. Otherwise, under "Community" you can click on "My Topics" and this thread will be in there if you've posted here before :)

Want to have weekly goals? We can update on them each Monday also. I know there are just a few days until Monday, but it all counts. My goal this week is to drink an amazing amount of water. I'm on my third bottle for the day (24 oz size). It'll get me up from my desk to refill constantly and to go to the bathroom haha

P.S. Consider making your diary public. I opened mine up today :) I know that I really enjoy "spying" on other MFP peoples for some meal ideas or just to see what the people who have lost tons of weight eat! Also exercise ideas...if I see someone who exercises a lot and then notice I'm dragging a**, I step it up a bit!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    What about doing daily challenges? like exercises and/or food intake, watching calories, carbs, drink water etc One different thing we can focus on each day? That might motivate us more :smile:

Daily challenges would be a great idea! What does everyone else think?
    *EDIT* WEEKLY challenges would be even better!! What are some challenges people would be interested in? Let's keep this forum fun and exciting so people keep checking in!

Monday weigh in is perfect! It will definitely keep us away from the sweets and the drinks over the weekend. :glasses:

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm getting a different weight every day, so I'm going to weigh in tonight and see what the scale says. Regardless, I want to lose 5 pounds by NYE (should put me at either 129 or 124...the same scale gave me a 4 lb difference yesterday, but I think it was the time of the day that I weighed in). You know that means we're going to have to work EXTRA hard too, since its the holidays! GOOD LUCK!
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think daily challenges would be a great idea too:smile:
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN! :)

CW: 190lbs
    New Years Goal Weight: 170lbs!!

Good luck everyone!
    -Maxie
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    So we're def doing weekly challenges. Sounds great! I'm glad you guys liked the idea.

Ok, so there's 3 days left in this week...what do you guys want to do for the rest of this week?

And what do you want next weeks goal to be? Do you think it'd be ok if we decide every friday on what the goal will be for the next week...just so everyone knows in advance :smile: sound ok?

I did some stretches today and went for a wog (walk/jog). I'm doing great on my cals so far and I have 3 more cups of water to go today!

How's everyone doing today?

:flowerforyou:
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!! My 21st birthday is New Years Day..... and as the birthday girl, I'll already feel like eyes are on me so I want to feel great!!

Current Weight: 133
    NYE Goal Weight: 123

Good luck everyone! We can do this:smile: