Need an extra push to get to my goal

Options
I've lost 24 pounds so far, and I feel pretty good about that. I'm just SICK of salad, haha. I don't mind the working out, I just feel like it's slow going...I want to get to my goal, already! I have 20 more pounds to lose, and then I want to start toning. I just feel like another 3 months or however long of dieting is too long! I want some chocolate!
Anyways...what do you do that helps you push through?

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I look at others before and after postings for inspiration.
  • Sahri21
    Sahri21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You will always have to eat differently, remember that, or you will gain all your hard work back! I eat a lot of wraps. The carb balance small tortillas are only 90 calories and you can put all sorts of things in them!
  • belovedChrissy
    belovedChrissy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of wraps too...and sometimes whole grain pitas.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    If you aren't apt to overindulge (excessively, like 10 servings), you may want to consider having half a chocolate bar. Or a whole one. Try to fit it in your calories, or don't. Think of something you find really satisfying, and (since its chocolate), have it between sips of milk after a filing meal. You might not lose for two days, but you might get that chocolate monkey off your back.

You can also try doing more intense workouts to fit in more things you actually like. Once I lose some more weight, I plan on working out and lifting like crazy just so I can eat normally.
  • belovedChrissy
    belovedChrissy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do have an issue with overindulging...not all at once, but once I get a taste of something yummy I just want to continue eating badly...and it just seems to get harder. I do better when I don't cheat. But I still do every once in a while.
    I did exactly what you suggested today, actually. I had some fries and then worked out a lot more than normal...but I just feel gross and fat after eating those...I guess I need to find a good medium when indulging.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I always look at other people’s diaries for ideas to help me. As far as cravings go I try to wait ten minutes before eating something bad. But, I don't completely deprive myself either If I have something bad I work it into my calories for the day and am always honest about what I am consuming. I have noticed my tastes have changed and don't crave a lot of junk like I did before I haven't had a french fry in 3 months n i tried one of my nieces last weekend and was totally nasty it tasted like straight grease. As far as sweets, I will have 2 tbsp of cool whip free and a few strawberries or blueberries mixed in. If it's chocolate I really want I will eat half a square of Ghirardelli 70% cocoa chocolate and then savor it instead of eating it right down. That does the trick for me and satisfies my craving. And if it doesn't I try a diversion tactic like drinking a glass of water etc. So I don't overindulge. Was a lot harder at first but it works well for me now. Good luck