Need some new motivation strategies ...

Options
Ok so I'm usually motivated going to the gym by calling myself not so nice names like fatty or whatever does the trick.. Lately though if I don't go to the gym everyday, I really find it tough to make myself go... Anyone have any ideas or what do you say to yourself to keep going?!? Thanks :)

Replies

• tonyote40
    tonyote40 Posts: 30
    Options
    You sometimes just the high you get after you workout does the trick. I done the you have work out fat a** thing to myself too, but sometimes the more positive way is the best way. I just remember, when I am done everthing else just seems better, it is my stress reliever.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    I have been dealing with the same problem myself. I have a gym routine I've been sticking to for months. Wake up at 5, get ready and go to the gym before work. Every weekday. It's become sort of a drag and I have started to slack and not feel as though I was truly worked after each session. Today I simply went to the gym AFTER work instead. I got a magazine I was interested in reading and told myself, "I am going to take my time today, read this whole magazine and maybe another, and just enjoy exercising again." I felt a lot better afterward and pushed myself to do even more than I had originally set out to do. So my advice to you is to do something you enjoy again. Change your routine. Find another way to burn calories. Go for a run in your neighborhood instead of on the treadmill. Go window shopping and do some power walking. Do what you enjoy and do what makes you feel good. The break from routine should get your mindset back on track. Hope this helped :)