Ever feel genuinely hungry and eat but just don't feel full?

Options
Sometimes I just get so hungry and not the bored sort of hungry, but genuine hunger! So of course I eat and then I am still genuinely hungry so I eat some more and I just never really fill up even when I eat nice clean protein foods. Just happens a few days a month and not near each other.

Not looking for advice, just wondering if other people have the same thing happen.

Maybe its just PMS.

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just get so hungry and not the bored sort of hungry, but genuine hunger! So of course I eat and then I am still genuinely hungry so I eat some more and I just never really fill up even when I eat nice clean protein foods. Just happens a few days a month and not near each other.

Not looking for advice, just wondering if other people have the same thing happen.

Maybe its just PMS.

Sometimes. I have no real solution for it except to eat at maintenance those days
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was stark raving hungry the other day... luckily the cafeteria where I work has an all-you-can-eat option, so I just sat there and ate, SLOWLY, for about an hour. It wasn't too bad when I logged it all, but I felt 100 percent better.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It usually happens to me when I am about to lose big.So I usually excercise like crazy,so I can eat like crazy.Then I go back to my normal eating and excercising.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Happens to me every now and then. I just continue to eat until I am full (like a genuinely full aka the opposite of your hungry)/

I think sometimes you just have to get away from the numbers and all that stuff and listen to your body.
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    The same happens to me if I stay up late on the computer. I'll spend a solid hour grazing on cheese sticks, crackers, popcorn, chocolates, and it doesn't stop until I just go to bed.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    yep I do too, I give in to it and so far it has had a positive effect rather than a negative one.
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    It usually happens to me when I am about to lose big.So I usually excercise like crazy,so I can eat like crazy.Then I go back to my normal eating and excercising.

I think maybe you are on to something there. I'll have to keep track of those days and how it relates to the scale.
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    yep I do too, I give in to it and so far it has had a positive effect rather than a negative one.

Same here, it always works out to eat and I never regret it (scale or otherwise) it's just weird when it hits out of nowhere.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That happens to me sometimes when I go too long without eating. If I wait until I am seriously hungry, I won't feel full after I eat. I think I do so much better when I eat when I start to feel hungry and not wait too long.
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get this every now and then too. I find that taking a really good multivitamin or (prenatal vitamin even if you are not pregnant) seems to help. One's body may be low on vitamins or certain minerals.

I have also noticed that I do not gain weight when I give in to the urge to eat a lot more.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i totally know what you're talking about, I usually just listen to my body and eat as much as I feel I need to even if it's way over for the day, and almost always I'm completely back to normal the next day.. I get super cranky when i'm that hungry so I know I have to listen to my body, it almost never has any effect on my weight loss