Weight Watchers Online?

Options
I've been using MFP for about 8 months and combined with a kick butt exercise routine, I've shed 80lbs. As I head towards shedding my "last" 25-30, I'm wondering if any of you have also tried Weight Watchers (online version--not meetings), and what your thoughts are. I guess I'm most interested to hear how different it is from MFP and if it'd be worth paying for. Clearly, I'm having success here, but my curiosity is piqued. Thanks!

Replies

• jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Don`t do it!! I just recently quit WW online as I was sick of paying every month. I came to MFP and it`s awesome and most of all it`s free! I love this site...

p.s. Congrats on your success so far - WTG!!
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. MFP is better and free.
  • AnissaAndrews
    AnissaAndrews Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did WW Online back in September. I feel like MFP is the same program (calories instead of points), but free!
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    NO Weight Watchers...even when I joined I still used MFP because the WW app on my Android phone was awful and I still used My FitnessPal to look up foods...I also think they don't let you eat enough!!
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I used it before, it was fine, nothing spectacular. My neighbor lost 90 lbs. using it + working out. I may consider it again when I reach my goals because the tracking tool was easier for me to use, but for now I need something more interactive and educational like MFP.
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just quit WW online also because of the fees. This has the same community feel and support group. With WW online, I loved their program and had some success in the past... but because the point system has a range for calories and exercise I found myself only doing the very minimum to get the exercise points and eating the very maximum.. For me, calories are so black/white that it's easier.

On another note, WW online has an app that I also used with a scanner, but nothing at the grocery store could be found in it - unlike the app scanner feature for here.
  • ShayMT
    ShayMT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have tried Weight-Watchers on-line twice. I impulsively signed up again last month but have found that MFP has so many more food listings and just makes more sense and is free. My daughter has consistently been using the MFP for months and has done great and has really lost weight. I definitely am going to stay with MFP and cancel the Weight Watchers.
  • swimmer018
    Options
    Thanks! That confirms what I already suspected :)