Protein Shakes

Options
Hello everyone

I am trying to find the " right" protein shake powder to aid in my post workouts. I have never done it before but I keep hearing positive remarks of using it. So far I have lost over 16lbs on my own but I would like to incorporate some extra oompf to increase my protein intake as well as repair muscle after my workouts

I hear there are shakes designed specifically for women. Any suggestions?

Replies

• stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    NONE notmilk.com
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I personally use Optimum Nutrition (ON) Banana Cream powder in 1% chocolate milk as a post-workout recovery drink. Chocolate milk has glutamine and arginine which are vital for muscle repair. Add in some creatine and you are golden.

Just my $.03 (adjusted for inflation).
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Just my $.03 (adjusted for inflation).

I just choked on my coffee. Epic win right there.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I am trying to find the " right" protein shake powder to aid in my post workouts. I have never done it before but I keep hearing positive remarks of using it. So far I have lost over 16lbs on my own but I would like to incorporate some extra oompf to increase my protein intake as well as repair muscle after my workouts

I hear there are shakes designed specifically for women. Any suggestions?

I used to drink this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025PZQ0M/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I've been able to get my protein from food sources recently so I've not had to make protein shakes anymore.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I like Sun Warrior classic protein, if you email them they will send you free samples.
    http://www.sunwarrior.com/
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    There are many good ones out there I am sure! My personal trainer recommends Bsn Syntha-6 Chocolate from the GNC store. Tastes very good and I am not a person who likes shakes at all. Good luck deciding on what you want to use and furthering your healthy body status.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I heard about the optimum Nutrition one but I think I will take you guys advice and checkout the websites before I make a final decision today cuz I gotta head to the gym in 4 hrs and want to be sent to go.

Thanks
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I do premier protein chocolate, every day. 160 calories, very low fat and sugar, 30 grams of protein. Great way to start the day.

Just remember, more protein is great and very much needed but you have to drink your water and get your fiber in or you can clog the out going pipes.........I do a fiber supplement in addition......

Best of Luck!!!!
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like Gold Standard. I've tried both their Whey and Casein and enjoyed them both. Chocolate is the only flavor I've tried so far.
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate is very good as well.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I like premier nutrition chocolate. Tastes like yoohoo. I can only find them at Sam's club.
  • lkpta
    lkpta Posts: 6
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a protein powder that is just 100 calories per scoop and (I think...and not getting up to look lol) 15 grams of protein. In my opinion, this is a good enough protein boost for someone who is a "normal lifter" and not trying to build huge bulk. And the calories aren't as high as most powders. It's not the yummiest, but it has no added sugar so for me, that is worth the blander taste!