3 MORE DAYZ: ! ! ! ! ! ! + any advice?:)

Options
3 MORE DAYS UNTIL:

* I HAVE MY OWN FIRST EVER FRIDGE

* MY OWN GROCERY SHOPPING LIST*

* MY OWN ROOM AND BATHROOM WHERE IT WILL BE CLEAN ADN PRETTY AND FRESH AND SMELL GOOD

* i WILL HAVE MY COFFEE MACHINE AND MAKE COFFEE FOR MYSELF IN MY ROOM

* I WILL HAVE MY OWN BATHROOM AND BATHTUB AND COUCH AND WINDOWWWWWWWW

*I WILL BE ALL ALONE!!!!! --> very weird that I am actually about this..but I dunt care! i enjoy my own peaceful serenity

lmaoooooooo

control is going to be easier..

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR LIVING ON YOUR OWN... i WILL NEED IT!

WHAT ELSE SHOULD I LOOK FORWARD TO?

pleaseeee tell me your own first ever "living independently" experiences?

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it while it last it never last long enough :)
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's tough. It's really tough. At first, you'll love living on your own. Then you'll miss your family. Then you'll go back and forth between the two. At first it's hard to fall into a routine. You won't always want to clean or cook. You've got to develop a routine and stick to it.

All the best on your own!!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have been living independantly for 13yrs and wouldn't trade it for anything less than George Clooney....:blushing:
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Omg I think you covered everything I'm looking forward to too. lol Although I just graduated college and now I have to find a job before that happens for me. :( I totally need one
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    enjoy it babe! wish i could be in your shoes! also, this video is amazingly beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X7sZzSXYs :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:flowerforyou:
  • Kcarroll01
    Kcarroll01 Posts: 18
    Options
    Cut coupons.....they REALLY do help with expenses :)
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    two main things from my experience:
    first off get a chest freezer, fill it with all the portioned good stuff that you want to eat and can reheat with some yum left in!! this free's the budget mid month for the fruits and veggies and perishable stuff without leaving you eating ravioli from the can!! especially the first couple months as you adjust to a new budget!
    second, find a hobby, something you can do by yourself that will eat hours without you noticing while not turning into a couch potato! first time on my own i thought i'd do great, two weeks in i was so bored after dinner waiting till tired set in that i started on the computer and tv too much!

other than that ENJOY!!! it's a wonderful life experience that i think everyone should do at least once!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I love living alone. However, my current excitement is this - I am finally going to have... a side-by-side FRIDGE/FREEZER. No more crappy little apartment fridge with that tiny freezer on top.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    enjoy it babe! wish i could be in your shoes! also, this video is amazingly beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X7sZzSXYs :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:flowerforyou:

O
    M
    G
    i bookmarkedthis video a couple months ago! I <3 it..i familiarized with her because I do the things she does :Plmao
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    Omg I think you covered everything I'm looking forward to too. lol Although I just graduated college and now I have to find a job before that happens for me. :( I totally need one

i graduate in a year but I got a summer job so im only living alone for 2 months:D
    hopefully you will get a job <3333 make sure you have a gooooooooood reference :P good luck<3
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    3 MORE DAYS UNTIL:

* I HAVE MY OWN FIRST EVER FRIDGE

* MY OWN GROCERY SHOPPING LIST*

* MY OWN ROOM AND BATHROOM WHERE IT WILL BE CLEAN ADN PRETTY AND FRESH AND SMELL GOOD

* i WILL HAVE MY COFFEE MACHINE AND MAKE COFFEE FOR MYSELF IN MY ROOM

* I WILL HAVE MY OWN BATHROOM AND BATHTUB AND COUCH AND WINDOWWWWWWWW

*I WILL BE ALL ALONE!!!!! --> very weird that I am actually about this..but I dunt care! i enjoy my own peaceful serenity

lmaoooooooo

control is going to be easier..

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR LIVING ON YOUR OWN... i WILL NEED IT!

WHAT ELSE SHOULD I LOOK FORWARD TO?

pleaseeee tell me your own first ever "living independently" experiences?

THE KEY for a Woman ESPECIALLY A YOUNG WOMAN>>> SAFETY !!!!
    (1) DO NOT: NO MATTER WHAT (Unless You are on the 4th Floor with NO Ledges!
    *Leave Windows Open!!!
    (2) Check Your Doors: Make Sure They have DEAD BOLT Locks That Work AND that the Land Lord had the Tumblers Changed from the previous Tenant.
    (3) Make sure you KNOW Your Apt. Bldg...Know what AREAS look like in the Day and Night.
    (4) KNOW Your Neighborhood
    (5) YOU WILL become PREY for ALL Men...Many are dangerous; have at least 3 dates BEFORE Inviting any up and then let your Family and Girlfriends KNOW who you are dating, where you may be going and who is coming up now and then.
    (6) Be Careful about being TOO Friendly with Men (delivery, grocers...) a "Look" could give them "Ideas."
    (7) It's ALL about Safety, Unfortunately, no one can Fully warn You and Unfortunately YOU will take some things for Granted; BUT You WILL Learn as You go along...As My MOM used to tell Me, "BE SAFE for Nothing (Meaning Let Safety be You Priority On any matter, NO Matter how SMALL"). All the other Stuff will come, but for some reason, YOUNG Women do not THINK Safety FIRST and They Pay for It !!!

ETA: IF You begin having "Problems" with a male...TELL The Men in Your FAMILY (Especially the kinda Crazy Brother or something!)
  • Reignofmongo
    Reignofmongo Posts: 137
    Options
    KEEP BUSY. lol, that is all. Too much boredom and you'll go insane. ;)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts! When I first got divorced I lived alone for the first time in my life for 3 blissful years...although at first I was terrified at night (I lived in the Jersey Pine Barrens where it gets DARK at night lol) and thunderstorms scared the crap out of me! But a kitchen to yourself to cook all the healthy meals you want and nobody stockpiling junk food in the house b/c they're not as health conscious as you are lol. But it does get lonely...I went out a little too much and left my cats alone too much (I made it up to them once I got comfortable in my own skin)....but then I got laid off and had to move back home. I sit here in drama and chaos and up too early on the weekends b/c my mom is LOUD and gets up super early so enjoy the privacy, kitchen to yourself, the serenity and get a hobby lol. Also, the budget will take some tweaking...money always looks better on paper than what actually happens. Fresh food tends to spoil quickly and you don't wanna waste money throwing food away, so what I do w fresh veggies is oven roast them and freeze them so I can reheat for weeknight dinners and I don't have to worry about my money being trashed when they go bad...Good luck!