Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm Stronger Than I Thought I'd Be...

Coach_Simon
Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd be where I am today. Just today when I was working out again, I thought to myself that 'I am indeed a champion'. I'm not trying to sound full of myself, but when I look back at my journey and see all that I've accomplished so far, that would be the word I'd use to describe it.

I've accomplished more than I thought I ever would and it feels amazing. I've become stronger and more confident about myself and realized that I can do anything. I'm unstoppable!

I've lost 1/3 of myself, meaning 55 pounds since starting MFP (67# all together), and I love seeing the changes I'm going through. I have now less than 100 pounds to go, which is still an insane amount, but with my dedication I know I'll get there.

Comparison-1.jpg

IMG-20120621-WA0000.jpg 275 Pounds

My arms are slimming, matter of fact, everything is slimming, but I don't have pictures of every body part.

ArmComparison.jpg

I can wear every single piece of clothing in my closet, actually, most of them look like dresses on me, that's how big they are. Suspenders would keep them all in place, including underwear, but it still looks all baggy on me. There isn't even another notch I could use on my belt, matter of fact, there hasn't been one in a while.

I can wear a seat belt without an extension and can get off the floor without having to get up on my knees and then up on my feet. I can scratch my back without having to go look for a back scratcher and I actually feel my shoulder blades coming through. My collar bone's more and more visible and my legs and arms start to really tone up.

I haven't had anymore knee pain and my back pain has decreased as well. I sleep better and am more energetic when getting up in the morning. I can make good choices in food and stay away from the bad ones.

My double chin is almost gone and when I look in the mirror I can actually see the handsome man who was hiding behind all those layers of fat.

I can run for 105 minutes straight without stopping and I can now do 'The 100 Challenge' in 35 minutes, compared to 55 minutes when I did it the first time.

I've joined a summer challenge hosted by MotivationMatters and it's pushed me further than I ever thought possible. I was challenged with exercises I would have never done on my own, but which I'm definitely gonna be adding to my workouts again.

I'm more active than I was in a long, long time and I'm loving it. I love to work out and have sweat dripping down my body. I love being out of breath and being sore in places I never thought I could be sore.

I love how I work my body to accomplish my goal, because I deserve to have just that, a toned and good looking body.

ComparisonFullBody.jpg

IMAG0443-1-1.jpg 278 Pounds

I apologize for using the same pictures over and over, but those are the only ones I have when I was really big.

Anyway, it seems I'm repeating myself over and over, or at least that's what it seems to me, but I'm just trying to show you that a guy who had never believed he'd be able to actually lose weight, enjoy it and feel good about it, can actually do it. And so can you!

We are all champions, because we are here and we're ready to change our lives. So don't get discouraged when you don't lose any pounds in a week, just a little bit or maybe even gain, because that means nothing at all.This journey isn't just based on numbers, but more about how it all makes you feel. It's about changing how you eat, being able to look in the mirror and liking what you see. But foremost, it's about being healthy and living longer. Isn't that what we all want? Of course looking good while doing it is a plus, but it's not all that matters.

So be proud of every little bit you accomplish, of every little ounce you lose on the scale, of every inch you lose from your body and of every clothing that fits you again. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say.

We didn't get the way we were in a day, so don't expect to lose all that weight in a day. It's gonna take time, willpower and dedication to reach your goal, but I know I'll get there, because I believe.

DO YOU BELIEVE??!!

PS: Sorry had a little difficulty with the pictures. I did resize them in photobucket and copied the new link here, but somehow nothing happened.

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    You.Are.Awesome :)
  • Coach_Simon
    You.Are.Awesome :)

Why thank you. :)
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    u are looking great! good job on the great work
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Amazing! And no. You don't sound full of yourself. You have every right to be proud of all you've accomplished. You are truly an inspiration.
  • Coach_Simon
    u are looking great! good job on the great work

Thank you very much.
  • Coach_Simon
    Amazing! And no. You don't sound full of yourself. You have every right to be proud of all you've accomplished. You are truly an inspiration.

I'm glad that's not how I sound.
  • gorewhore13
    gorewhore13 Posts: 49 Member
    That's amazing, keep up the good work!!
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    You are doing so great Simon!!!! I am so proud to be one of your friends!
  • Coach_Simon
    That's amazing, keep up the good work!!

Thank you, and I will.
  • Coach_Simon
    You are doing so great Simon!!!! I am so proud to be one of your friends!

And I'm proud to be on your friend's list and your team!

Oh, and thank you...
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Go you! :) That's super amazing!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    I'm proud of you and you made me feel more proud of me too! You're fantastic and doing great!
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Amazing how strong you can be with the right mindset and motivation!!! Congratulations and thanks for inspiring the rest of us!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    You are amazing Simon! One of my friends who inspires me every single day with your hard work and dedication!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Great job Simon!! You're doing awesome!!
  • donnakay52
    donnakay52 Posts: 12 Member
    You are an inspiration Simon. Thank you!
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Great job!!!
  • Coach_Simon
    Thank you everyone. I'm happy I can inspire and motivate you guys.
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 172 Member
    Wow you are looking good. Keep up the great job it is amazing once we start to see change it's like a little boost to keep going,
  • Coach_Simon
    Wow you are looking good. Keep up the great job it is amazing once we start to see change it's like a little boost to keep going,

Absolutely. It sure is quite a boost once you see what a great thing is happening with you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!