Self discipline in a college dining hall help

Options
Hi!
I just found about this website today and am giving it a try. I would like to lose 15lbs and am currently in a college summer program where we are provided 3 dining hall meals a day 7 days a week. I'm having trouble with self discipline of eating healthier and less food. Does anyone have any advice on how to gain or start having self discipline? It's really hard =/

Replies

• YvonneWilson21
    Options
    Hello :)

My best advice would be to choose whatever the healthiest thing is for those 3 dining hall meals. I'm sure since it's a college, they won't be serving things that are too unhealthy (hopefully). Ask for nutritional information as it's sometimes available. Also, try extremely hard to fit in some exercise on your free time as well as a good amount of water. It's not easy at first but trust me it will get much better!
  • gwanzurak5
    Options
    hi kirb

I've only recently started myself and I'm really loving this programme. I was introduced by a cousin of mine and have lost more than 4kgs in a space of 2wks and really pleased.
    I think this wiill be quite challenging for you as you have to eat something that someone else has prepared and you cannot find out what has been a constitute of your meal unless ofcourse if you can.
    I found sticking to barcorded foods helped me a lot as I could straight away see how many calories I'm taking in. Maybe if you keep your meals simple and small then you have a better chance of enjoying your progress; what you're not sure of don't take it. For example going for simple boiled or steamed vegetables with simple gravy and chicken or beef would be simply straight forward and you can always log it into your diary knowing exactly what you took.
    all the best and enjoy.