Flat Belly Foods

Options
ChitownFoodie
ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
http://weightlossandtraining.com/flat-belly-foods

Flat Belly Foods

Getting a flat belly may seem like a difficult task, but it may be closer than you think.

When it comes to strengthening and toning your midsection, you have to attack things from 2 fronts.

First, you have to get serious about your exercise and fitness plan. While you can’t spot-train for fat loss, you can absolutely tone your abs and make your waistline look tighter and more toned. This is easily accomplished by hard-hitting ab workouts like my recent AB WORKOUT.

In addition to focused core exercises, you also need to increase your weight training and cardiovascular efforts. By building lean muscle mass, you’ll improve your body’s overall ability to burn fat, which is essential for showing off those six pack muscles.

The second thing you need to do is eat right. Exercise alone simply won’t give you the results you’re looking for! For the most part, the basic rules apply: Cut down on bad fats, fried foods, and processed foods, and increase your daily intake of metabolism-boosting protein, vitamin-rich vegetables, and appetite-suppressing fiber.

Here are some foods that are especially effective for giving you the flat belly you’re looking for…

10 Flat Belly Foods

1. Matcha Green Tea – Matcha powder is a highly potent metabolism booster, and will totally increase your body’s thermogenic rate. It will also give you some extra energy for your workouts. Check it out here – Magic Matcha Green Tea.

2. Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt is all the rage, and for good reason! It has tons of protein to rev up your metabolism and keep you feeling satisfied. And if you go with the non-fat option you’re totally in the clear!

3. Coconut Oil – Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil is an excellent replacement for canola oil or olive oil. It contains unique, healthy fats that have been shown to increase your metabolism and get your body burning more fat and calories!

4. Grape Seed Oil – Grape seed oil actually slows down your digestion, which means you’ll be able to fight those deadly cravings and save a few calories! Take it in oil form, or check out this super convenient capsule form – MRM Grape Seed Extract.

5. Wild Salmon – You really can’t go wrong with salmon. It’s high in protein, and also contains those calorie-burning healthy fats! All in all, a very healthy and satisfying flat belly food. Consider these natural Optimum Fish Oil Softgels for optimal daily support.

6. Almonds – Almonds are super nutritious and make the ideal snack when you’re trying to lose weight. They’re free of bad, processed carbs, and contain a lot of protein and healthy fats to get you shedding the pounds! Check out these NOW Almonds.

7. Leafy Greens – You’ve probably heard this one before, but leafy greens like arugula, spinach, and lettuce are totally effective flat belly foods. They’re full of fiber and healthy antioxidants!

8. Whey Protein – Whey protein, especially sustained-release protein like MHP Probolic-SR Muscle Feeder, will keep you feeling full for longer and help you burn extra calories during digestion. It will also support lean muscle growth.

9. Chia Seeds – Perfect for topping salad or yogurt, chia seeds are one fat-burning super food. They’ll fill you up and give your body tons of nutritional support – while also revving up your metabolism! Check out Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds.

10. Coconut Water – A lot of people hate drinking unflavored water, but it’s difficult to deny how effective water is for weight loss. Rather than going with artificially sweetened water replacements, try VPX Coco Fit Coconut Water – it’s super hydrating and energizing!

Replies

• RAWBMEOW
    RAWBMEOW Posts: 64
    Options
    GREAT POST. I LOVE MATCHA!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    No such thing. A flat belly comes from low body fat around the midsection. That can be achieved through calorie deficit and moderate exercise.
    What's more important is how much you eat and making sure you get in your correct macro/micro nutrients.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    No such thing. A flat belly comes from low body fat around the midsection. That can be achieved through calorie deficit and moderate exercise.
    What's more important is how much you eat and making sure you get in your correct macro/micro nutrients.

IDEA Fitness member

This. That entire article Is nothing but myths, smoke, and mirrors. Sounds like it's trying to sell something, too.
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Trying the tea, thanks!
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great post girl! I had heard of some of these but others are totally new to me. I'll have to give them a try!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I just don't believe this. There are no foods that affect one body part or another. There is no scientific basis for this. Body fat is stored in certain areas of the body because that is how humans are built though some of us distribute our weight differently based on our genetics. When we restrict calories and thereby lose weight, there aren't certain foods that cause the fat to come from a certain area of fat deposits. The body just doesn't work that way physiologically.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just replied with basically the same thing. A food that you eat doesn't subtract fat from one body part. That just isn't scientifically possible.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    the first few paragraphs are good. just need to take them into context. That will help you get abs if you need something to follow, that will work.

that being said, eat a deficit, preferably meeting your macros and eventually you'll get there
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Food intolerances can bloat you. That isn't what the article is talking about though.
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I don't know guys, this article sounds legit. I'll have to check Dr. Oz' website first though. If it's there then we'll know it's for real.
    Hey if Raspberry Keytones aren't in it, you know it ain't approved by Oz.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • v_snowdrop
    v_snowdrop Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks for the post. :)

I have the Flat Belly Diet book and it says the same thing: Exercise, eat good foods (especially good fats), and limit salt & other crap which can make you bloated.

I don't think this post is so outrageous to warrant all the snarky, special snowflake responses calling it a fraud, but whatever makes them feel smart I guess...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Rubbish.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Rubbish.
    This. Total nonsense. Lower body fat, get a flat belly...simple as that.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    And protein 'revs up your metabolism'? Really? lol
  • riddick16
    riddick16 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the info. The suggestions to boost metabolism and increase energy are worth looking into.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Hear them.

This. That entire article Is nothing but myths, smoke, and mirrors. Sounds like it's trying to sell something, too.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    There's a difference between a "flat" belly and a "ripped" belly. Even people with some fat can have a flat belly and a lot of legit research points to good fats as being an important part of any plan that hopes to reduce belly fat. While it's true that you won't get any results as long as your caloric intake exceeds the number of calories you burn, WHAT you eat really does play a role in how your body shapes up in the end.
  • muchachitalinda
    Options
    Iced green tea sounds good. I've heard great things about about chiaseeds and coconut water but didn't know they were helpful for belly area though. And I will try some other foods as well, thanks for your post.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    There's a difference between a "flat" belly and a "ripped" belly. Even people with some fat can have a flat belly and a lot of legit research points to good fats as being an important part of any plan that hopes to reduce belly fat. While it's true that you won't get any results as long as your caloric intake exceeds the number of calories you burn, WHAT you eat really does play a role in how your body shapes up in the end.
    WHAT I eat sure doesn't affect my shape as much as how much of it I eat.