doing it again-DIET

Options
:embarassed: I tend to start out strong and then my motivation dies. I am weak for cookies, and I can eat a whole bag daily. I know I eat when stress and bored. I need help to fight off cravings and over-eating.

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! If I find something that helps, I'll be sur to tell you!
  • sowonderfultonight
    Options
    I drink water or chew ice chips if I'm having a really bad craving to bored eat. Sometimes I'll drink 20 or so ounces of water, which I hate doing, but it makes my stomach feel really full and I don't want to eat anything any more xD
  • brina06
    brina06 Posts: 4
    Options
    i do the same thing..its awful. i hate it. i just started back up and hope to stick to it. i even started a new account just to get motivated again..Looking for some Friends. :)
  • platinumgal83
    Options
    I have days like that! I'm a sucker for chocolate! but I try and snack on fruit or something with a lot of protein so i feel full like almonds! nuts are really good! or my mom has cheese with an apple or a TBS of peanut butter or almond butter with the apple! and keep drinking water!! :-)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I used to eat cookies a lot and could eat a whole bag... We have (or had... I don't know if they are still here or not) some now that have been here for months... I sort of lost my taste for them when I started eating healthier. One thing I do is try to find healthier alternatives for processed sweets... and this does not necessarily mean fruits and whole foods. One thing I have gotten into lately is PROTEIN MEAL BARS.. Yes, they have sugar but they are a little less addictive than the others and they actually fill a nutritional void while giving you a bit of a sugar fix... Some have 20-30 grams of protein in them.. Cookies, cakes, and candies are high calorie EMPTY CALORIES... In other words, they don't provide your body anything it needs to function... Therefore, even though you eat a lot of cookies and such (lots of calories), you are still missing the nutrients your body needs and so you remain hungry. Another thing is that most processed foods have appetite enhancers in them that create the aura of filling you up BUT a few minute later they leave you craving more.. The more you eat, the more you want... SOUND FAMILIAR??? Other good options are fiber bars, snack bars and granola... not all of these are totally nutritious BUT they do provide something and are better than sitting down and eating a bag of cookies...

Best wishes on your journey... Just some food for thought.