I'm sure it was not the right thing to do but

Options
pmd14
pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
Yesterday I was going out to dinner so I didn't eat all day. I know that was wrong but......
At dinner I wan't wild but I ate 1200 calories. That is my daily goal. I know if I ate breakfast and lunch that would have addd 600 calories, at least, to my daily amount and I know I wouldn't have eaten any less at dinner. I know me.
Is this way of thinking so wrong??? I still didn't go over my calorie amount and what I ate at dinner was nutritious just the portions were too much. I had an appetizer (stuffed mushrroms), salad and dinner (chicken, pasta and vegetables) nothing was fried and no dessert.
I also walked yesterday

Replies

• pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was going out to dinner so I didn't eat all day. I know that was wrong but......
    At dinner I wan't wild but I ate 1200 calories. That is my daily goal. I know if I ate breakfast and lunch that would have addd 600 calories, at least, to my daily amount and I know I wouldn't have eaten any less at dinner. I know me.
    Is this way of thinking so wrong??? I still didn't go over my calorie amount and what I ate at dinner was nutritious just the portions were too much. I had an appetizer (stuffed mushrroms), salad and dinner (chicken, pasta and vegetables) nothing was fried and no dessert.
    I also walked yesterday
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I would say that this kind of thing once in a while is ok, but if u were to do it everyday I'm sure it would screw with your metabolism.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Banks always says this and it makes total sense: "your body is not on a 24-hr clock" is you don't fee dyour body regularly you will mess up your metabolism. One time isn't going to kill you, but I really wouldn;t make it a habit. At least try to have a light breakfast and lunch too, and remember, you get to eat your excercise cals too so if you know you're having a big dinner out that night, just work out so you can splurge a bit!
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I've always heard that its best to feed your body all day long, to keep your metabolism highest. When you deny your body food, even for 12-18 hrs (no cals when you woke up? yikes) your body goes into starvation mode and stops burning calories at all. That means when you ate dinner, your metabolism was on lock down and those calories were probably stored as fat. No good! What I do when I know I want a big dinner is eat breakfast and lunch (and snacks) as normbal, but add in a couple of really nice work outs. If you were to burn 200 on your lunch break (walking or eliptical machine) and then take a spin class after work (burns up to 700 calories) you would have had your 1200 calorie budget for dinner! I do this a lot, actually. I'd rather work out a lot and eat more calories in a day then not work out and have fewer calories to consume. :happy: