How to measure whipped cream?

Options
I see that the single serving size for fat free whipped cream (the type that comes in the spray can), is 2 TBSP. How the heck is that measured? Most of it is air... and if i let it deflate it turns to a thin liquid pretty quickly.

So my question is whether the manufacturer is estimating the volume/serving size WITH air or without? I can't believe that 2 TBSP of mostly air could have 10 calories or that anyone would call that a serving.

Thanks for helping!

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    does it have nutrition from weight? thats how i have measured before, just put it on the scales
  • happydayzz
    happydayzz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Was wondering this today! I've been sneaking 20 calorie whipping cream here and there... as long as it actually IS two TBSP!
  • brian1229
    brian1229 Posts: 28
    Options
    I put it on the food scale for whatever grams the can says is a serving size.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It definitely counts the air! I don't eat the FF kind, but I love original reddi-whip. A 2T serving of reddi-whip is 15 calories, versus 60 calories for a 2T serving of actual cream.

I also cannot believe that anyone thinks 2T is a serving either - that's a garnish really!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    If you eat it on someone else body it is zero calories

Does the package tell you the number of gram per serving?
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options

really? Hmmm....
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I don't. I log absolutely everything else that i eat or drink, but whipped cream is made of love and sunshine and rainbows and NOT calories.

Thye do count the air, otherwise 1 tbsp would be the same calories as one of whipping cream.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I used to get the fat free reddi whip, but soon realized there are 200 calories in the can and it seems impossible to measure : /
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

really? Hmmm....

"sorry hunny, just hold on a minute while i go measure it and see if i have calories enough, the handcuffs dont chafe do they"
    that would put me out of the mood i think
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I could never figure it out. So now I'm using cool whip lite because I can measure it with a spoon. :smile:
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't. I log absolutely everything else that i eat or drink, but whipped cream is made of love and sunshine and rainbows and NOT calories.

I think I love you. :love:
  • fajitatx
    fajitatx Posts: 36
    Options
    by the mouthful
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Just weigh it... I find that there are too many mistakes we can make when using measuring cups/spoons anyway so I weigh everything. Having a digital scale rocks!