New to MyFitnessPal, looking for friends. 30lbs to lose

Options
Hi Guys,

I have just started using this website and I am looking for friends to support and receive support from during these next few months.

I currently weigh 12 stone 12 lbs 3 ounce. My Goal weight is 10 stone 10 lbs. But I will be happy when I get back down to 11 stone.

So I am looking at losing around 31lbs, which if I was to lose 2lbs a week which is concidered healthy, I should be at my goal weight by the end of Septemeber. Which is only a few months away. Easier said than done though right?

I'm not really a very active person, but I will be trying to make an effort to cycle atleast once or twice a week, and walk/jog a couple of times a week. more for leisure and staying healthy, rather than an aid to losing weight as I am sat in an office most of the day.

Would really like to find someone who is trying to lose a similar amount of weight 2 stone (28lbs) to 2 stone 4lbs (31lbs) in a similar amount of time, so that we can inspire and motivate each other, and provide tips on achieing our goals.

Would also be happy to support anyone looking at losing weight that would like to be friends?

Em x

Replies

• LDM90
    LDM90 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Em,
    You can add me if you like, would love to be friends! I'm looking to lose around a stone and a half to 2 stone. I'm new to this too, starting my second week. New to exercise too, I try to do bouts of 5/10mins here and there whenever I can, it all adds up! : )
  • superflus
    superflus Posts: 29
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about forty pounds to lose. It does not come off quickly, but there you have it.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi Em, I am also wanting to lose 30 lbs. Please feel free to add me, I am looking for friends to keep me motivated!

-Steph
  • Iriska17
    Iriska17 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me too, I have 40 pounds to lose and would like to do this during this year.
  • Zia00
    Zia00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me also. I have about 30 to 40 pounds left to lose.
  • tanyaevans2010
    Options
    You are welcome to add me also. I am looking to lose 50 lbs and want to lose about 2 a week .. Hopefully I can.. I need all the friends, support, advice and encouragement i can get. .
  • Bastiencade
    Options
    Add me if you like! I'm trying to lose 30 pounds as well.
  • beccapink
    beccapink Posts: 28
    Options
    sent you a add
  • Lancastriana
    Lancastriana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you have mail! :)
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 46 pounds. they do have a group here 30 pound challenge lose 30 lbs by ocotber 7th. I am in that group.
  • nomorenachos
    Options
    Hi there! Please feel free to add me too! I'm also trying to loose 30lbs :)
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi Em!

Am looking to lose 30lbs too, which is why your post caught my eye lol. I started at 12st 3.5 and have yoyoed from that down to 10st 6 back up to the 11st 8 I am now! Feel free to add me as a friend, you can never have too much support! :-)

Lis x
  • fitandstrongmommy
    fitandstrongmommy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about the same as you, I was once very active but now not so much. Hoping to start riding my bike more and getting out of the house
  • jrobi44
    jrobi44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well...
  • nsmith6325
    nsmith6325 Posts: 41
    Options
    Lost over 40 so far and almost at my goal (5 lbs to go). Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Anyone from this thread can add me as well. I joined ages ago, lost about 8lbs then disappeared. ...

I'm currently 180 and my first goal is 154 (11 stone) so am looking to lose a similar amount. I am pretty active (have three dogs to walk and run a dog walking business, but not a gym bunny!) Have lost 4lbs in 4 days just by logging and being aware of what I eat. I DO eat back my exercise cals as I know I wouldn't stick at it if I was hungry. I really don't mind doing extra exercise if I can eat better :)
  • KrystalR34
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Krystal and I'm from the USA (Texas) to be exact. I am currently looking for inspirational people out there in all different cultures to see if there are any suggestions on how to lose 70lbs by May of 2013. I currently found a exercise video on you tube.com, her name is Tiffany Rothe. She does the abs, butt, arms and thighs and although her workouts are very intense I try to do her exercises at my own pace. I just started her videos this past week and I have been on myfitnesspal for about a month now. I have lost 8lbs since I've started watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week. In the past two weeks I have only lost 1lb and it bums me out. I'm thinking there might be something that I am eating that is blocking me from losing weight, but i don't know. I think it is great to have other people be there for one another to help give motivation and support and also to meet new people from different areas of the world. so, that's just about it. :)