I guess I do look different!

Options
brendacooks
brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
I just got back from a business trip. I went to the Magnetic North Theatre Festival - an annual event that I love! I had a fabulous time seeing friends and colleagues from across Canada - many of whom I have known for many years and am in touch with throughout the year via email etc but who I may not see face to face more than once a year. Imagine my surprise when one of my good pals did not recognize me when I first said hello... then it happened again...and again. At first I was a bit offended. It hadn't occurred to me that I look quite different compared to this time last year. For me, the change in my appearance has been so gradual that I didn't really expect anyone to notice. Was I ever wrong!!! I quickly got over being offended after hearing many squeals of "Oh my god!!!!! You look fantastic!!!!!" I'm not gonna lie. I was chuffed! I felt beautiful and loved and lucky. i guess I do look different. Better. Good. Fabulous... Huh. Go figure!

Sometimes I only see how much fat I have left on my body and I guess that's good because it keeps me on track with my eating and exercise. However, it was really, really great to be reminded that the weight loss I have already achieved has made a noticeable difference - actually - a big difference!!!

I am looking forward to the festival next year - and if my friends don't immediately recognize me, I am going to throw my head back and laugh - and then I'm going to introduce them to the NEW me. It'll be SWEET!!!!

I'm feeling good today - hope you are too!

Replies

• MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    just looked at your two pics on your page and man you look so much younger in the newer pic :) you look in your 30s :)

congrats on them not recognizing you :D
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    That's wonderful! So much nicer than to not be recognized because of weight! Can't wait till I catch up with you!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Now that's a wonderful NSV! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!