yo-yo dieting no more and 26 pounds gone!

Options
kcoburn327
kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
I am going to try this again :)
I am 28 and have struggled with my weight since 7th grade, when I went through puberty. I have tried all different diets and always gained back whatever I lost. I had 3 kids from the age of 21 to 25 and gained a total/lost 55 pounds. When I got married I was 128 pounds (by being bulimic) and at my heaviest was 174 (which sadly was NOT during any pregnancies). I am 5' 2. I started Nutrisystem in March 2012 and since then have last 26-27 pounds. I currently weigh 147. I still have between 15-25 pounds I would like to lose.

A year, I would have said I could not do and I hate exercise. Since building my self-confidence, I have started running/jogging. I do it around 3 to 4 times a week, running between 2-6 miles. I alternate between walking and running. It started with more walking than running, now I would say it is about half and half. I have goal and it is to jog/run a mile without stopping. I will get there. Here are some pictures of my progress so far:

Oct 2010 at my sister's wedding: around 168

Untitled.jpg

March 2012 at the zoo with my children: right at 174
kel_march2012.jpg

Today: at 147
kel_june222012.jpg

I love seeing all the success stories, it is very motivating!
Kelley

Replies

• JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are beautiful! Great job!
  • kcoburn327
    Options
    Thank you!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. You look amazing.
  • kcoburn327
    Options
    Thanks! I actually completed my first 5k today and didn't die!
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look great. And congrats on your first 5k!!!
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! you look awesome!
  • njgal35
    njgal35 Posts: 28
    Options
    awesome job.
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!
    shine
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually completed my first 5k today and didn't die!

Possibly the most awesome thing I've read today! Thank you for making me giggle! And congratulations your doing incredibly!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're looking awesome!
  • kcoburn327
    Options
    Tuanks for such the sweet words. I love readong and the sucess tories but also some of the strugglies simply because we still all hsvr them!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Since building my self-confidence, I have started running/jogging. I do it around 3 to 4 times a week, running between 2-6 miles. I alternate between walking and running. It started with more walking than running, now I would say it is about half and half. I have goal and it is to jog/run a mile without stopping. I will get there.

Just saw your success story and it's very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if you've heard of the Couch25K program, but it's very similar to your walk/run. It's hugely popular on this site as well.

There are lots of apps you can use on your smartphone or you can download podcasts for use on an mp3 player. The plan is here:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

There's also an MFP C25K group here with excellent tips and stories:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!