Just graduated, want to lose the college weight!

Options
So... I graduated from college. Cool. While in college, I gained 40 pounds. Not so cool.

How does the "friend" thing work on MFP? Do people generally know their friends (for real), or is it more of a general internet community?

I've been browsing through MFP, and everyone is so inspiring and kind. Seems like such a wonderful fitness tool!

Replies

• bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    I hear ya. I gained about 45 after high school because of LIFE lol

10 or 15 more to go for me but the motivational support helps for sure. Everything is logged in, its awesome to see the postive feedback from MFP users. Keeps ya going. I love this site!!!
  • miss_stephanie_ann
    Options
    I am new to MFP, too. I think you can know your "friends" if you want to, but I don't think it is a necessity.

I am also I college, and I gained about 30 lbs. my freshman year! YIKES! I am ready to make a change :)
  • Veronika82
    Veronika82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Actually I want the weight I had in college. *g* I've been gaining weight ever since I work.
    But feel free to add me - I'm pretty new myself and I love new friends! =)
  • Charlayray
    Charlayray Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You basically add whoever you want :) I only knopw like two of my fit pals in real life, but everyone is pretty nice on here and seem to want everyone else achieve their goals as well.

Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I love MFP...out of all my "friends" i do know 7 of them personally.

I gained about 40 pounds after i graduated college....lol...but have already lost that plus some...I am on my way to being back to my high school weight! I hope you are able to find the motivation and support...i did and I ****ing love it!
  • deidradean13
    Options
    I also graduated from college this spring and have a lot of weight to lose. I have always been overweight, but I don't want to be anymore. I want to have a healthy life and have kids one day. I have been on here since mid-April and have lost 7 pounds. A lot of people I know on here usually lose faster than that, but I don't want to feel like I'm depriving myself of anything. So I eat what I feel like eating, only in smaller portions, and exercise a lot more. Yes, my weight loss is slower, but if I were to deprive myself from the foods/drinks I love, it would not be a sustainable lifestyle change.

Anyone can feel free to add me. I am on here almost every day and am very supportive. I can be a good friend and a drill sergeant if you need it!
  • scrmngdsy
    scrmngdsy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just graduated in december, and in my senior year alone (stress of writing a thesis, maintaining gpa, etc) I gained a good amount. After finishing, I decided to take some time to work on myself because I had so little time to do it before. Take some time for yourself and keep motivated! You'll see how good it feels to focus on yourself for once!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I also gained about 20lbs+ in Uni, working it off with the help of MFP. This site has taught me alot and I don't think I could have kept with a weight loss plan without it. I always knew healthy vs unhealthy, but it really opens your eyes to how much you are eating and of what. Easy to make changes if you can identify areas to work on. I hope you like mfp as much as I do.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I graduated about a month ago and have lost 6 pounds since. You can add me. If a MFP friend wanted to become closer friends with me, I wouldn't mind. However, just having it over the internet as motivation has been really helpful for me!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Also feel free to add me if you want friends.