New Motivation to lose my weight!

Options
I decided today that as soon as I get my weight low enough, I'll be enlisting in the US Air Force! This is my new motivation, i really want to make this come true, and it has always been a dream of mine to be in the military. Im going to do my BEST, 110% just to get my weight low enough so that I can get through basic training without the difficulties of being one of the overweight individuals who can't make it because of their weight. I have the whole summer, then in the fall i am going to get a job and start talking to a recruiter so i can get the process started, in the mean time ill be on here everyday to make sure i keep on the right track, and ill be sure to help anyone who needs motivation along the way!!!

Replies

• abencase
    abencase Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot for someone to enlist. What an awesome and proud goal to look forward to! I come from a long line of soldiers and nothing to me is more honorable. With all the determination I have read in your posts the last couple of weeks. you WILL be a great soldier! You can do it!
  • mjmcgove
    mjmcgove Posts: 13
    Options
    It takes a lot for someone to enlist. What an awesome and proud goal to look forward to! I come from a long line of soldiers and nothing to me is more honorable. With all the determination I have read in your posts the last couple of weeks. you WILL be a great soldier! You can do it!

Thank You so much! It really means a lot for someone to support me in my goal... I respect every service man/woman for what they do, the sacrifices they make physically, mentally, and on the home front. I decided I wanted to be part of this...part of something bigger than myself

Since I decided I needed to drop weight, it has dawned on me that there is no better goal, for me at least, to follow and ultimately attain!
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Good on ya!

Good luck with your goal and with your enlistment. The military will take you many places both figurativley and literally. I'm in the Navy and I work alongside people from all the branches. It's not always roses, but in the end, the people you meet in the service will be the best friends you'll ever have.

Good luck.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I was active duty in the US Air Force for 6 years and loved it. The exercise requirements aren't horribly terrible but you do need to be in fair shape. You'll have PT every morning in Basic Training and if you're lagging behind those drill sergeants will chew you out.

Best of luck. Put some pictures of USAF stuff around your room for motivation and keep working on that goal. You can do it.
  • Pennstatechica
    Pennstatechica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it! My husband lost about 40lbs so he can join the Navy! It was great motivation for him to lose the weight! That was five years ago and we love being a military family! I wish you all the best!
  • omearaee
    omearaee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Wishing you all the best!
  • mjmcgove
    mjmcgove Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!! it really means a lot