Advice - 'metabolism B' diet

Options
I stumbled upon this article after looking up sugar free jelly recipes and I'm not too sure what to think of it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1240357/The-metabolism-miracle-The-revolutionary-diet-help-stay-slim-forever.html

I've been using MFP since 16th jan now and I've lost 24 pounds which is great but reading this makes me worry that I'm doing it right. Especially about the going to bed hungry part and waking up not hungry (glycogen?) so yeah I don't know what to think, whether to change my diet or not.

Hopefully this might help other people too.

Replies

• leah947
    leah947 Posts: 2
    Options
    I actually am reading this book now and have been following for 5 days now and have already lost 1.5 lbs. I am little and not even in the overweight category, so this is amazing to me. I had been counting calories on MFP for over a year and have been working out at Curves and not losing ANYTHING! I was getting so frustrated and then I found the Metabolism Miracle book at Curves while they were doing a book sale. I realize now that my body does better on a low carb, high protein diet. I feel less bloated and full of energy. Have you looked further into it?
  • dangermouse1961
    Options
    I've been dieting since Jan 1st and got back into the gym and I'm now running again. I lost 2st up until April and haven't lost an ounce since. I KNOW I'm not cheating. I've been reading Jillian Michaels' book Master Your Metabalism which is saying some of what you guys have been saying. I don't want to cut any more calories and I already workout between 6 and 8 hours a week. I'll go into meltdown!!!! I'm starting the regime monday so fingers crossed. ;)
  • Bardsrose
    Options
    I have some health issues - type 2 diabetes (tablets and insulin), sleep apnoea, and recently diagnosed with a heart murmur. As my father died at the age of 61, and I'm now 64 (as of yesterday), the heart murmur has worried me the most. The day after my diagnosis I decided to try the Metabolism B eating plan. I started the eating plan at 17 stones 2 lbs on 24th July, 2013 and today I weighed in at 16 stones 2lbs. I know that this sounds unbelievable but it is true! My sugar levels are dropping and I have gradually been reducing my insulin. As it was my birthday yesterday I went off plan a bit but still lost 1 lb! I am going to Poland a week on Monday and would really like to lose 3 lbs. more by then. But if I don't then I don't. Apart from yesterday, I have stuck to the plan religiously - I have not found it a problem at all except that it has given me a real taste for peanut butter!! :smile: