Reached my initial goal today!

Options
imaheal
imaheal Posts: 63 Member
I joined MFP to lose 26 1/2 lbs on January 30th. I reached my goal today! Thanks MFP for the tremendous help! I am a 64 year old female. I have recommended MFP to all my friends who want to lose. Now I have set a new goal of 9 1/2 more. When I get there I will have lost 36 1/2. To many I would still be considered overweight. But my doctor says the amount I have in mind is fine. My reflux, sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, energy, have all improved! They're all normal. :bigsmile: I'm so happy.

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Hope you'll stick around while learning maintenance and to share what you've already learned.
    Best wishes!
  • imaheal
    Options
    Thanks, Robin. Maintenance is the hardest part! I'll probably really need MFP then!
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    It's great to hear about the health benefits you've already seen!
  • dtucker3800
    dtucker3800 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm very impressed that you lost so much weight so quickly. It has taken me almost a year to lose 34 pounds and I still have 5 more to go. My thyroid is underactive though so I struggle to lose. I too have more energy though and overall feel so much better. It's like getting yourself back after thinking that you would never see that person again.
  • imaheal
    Options
    I can't find a maintenance program on MFP. Is there one?
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    I can't find a maintenance program on MFP. Is there one?
    Go into the goals and set it to "maintain my current weight".
    Since you haven't quite reached your goal yet, you might want to first set it at a smaller weight loss, like 1/2 pound per week.
  • MotivatedMom2012
    Options
    Way to go!!!! :)
  • imaheal
    Options
    Thanks!
  • imaheal
    Options
    Thanks, that is a lot of help!
  • imaheal
    Options
    Thanks, you are doing good!
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! AND CONGRATS!!!:happy:
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    Congratulations! I see you're almost at your 2nd goal of 36.5 lost. I hope you're leveling out and doing maintenance or just a tiny bit more than maintenance now. Like your new lifestyle?
  • imaheal
    Options
    I just stay on the same 1200 calories a day all the way through.