How come I can not lose any weight?

Options
Hi all, My name is krystal and I'm 34 yrs old. I've been on this program for almost 5 weeks now and I've only lost 8lbs. The first two weeks is when I lost 7lbs and the remaining weeks just that one little pound. I'm always under my calorie goal, I exercise 5-6 days a week for 30-45 minutes and I've cut out all the junk that I used to eat. but it seems so hard to lose weight especially sweating like I do. I've notice though that Im losing inches vs the weight. when will I lose weight!!?

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to tell without knowing what you're eating or how many calories you're taking in.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    1 lb per week is healthy weight loss.

What's the problem?

The earlier, faster loss was probably mostly water.
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You are still losing weight that is a success!! The only advice I would give is in regards to:
    . I'm always under my calorie goal, I exercise 5-6 days a week for 30-45 minutes

Try eating your calorie goal (and if MFP has it at 1200... find out your BMR and eat that) and you may want to dig into your exercise calories occasionally too.
  • JenniferHndz
    Options
    What kind of exercises are you doing? Cardio? Weight lifting? If you are doing weight lifting is is possible that you aren't losing lbs because you are gaining muscle mass.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    Should check your measurements as well, if you are doing any strength training..your body is getting toned but muscle is heavy so it prolly wont be as fast
  • VisBella
    VisBella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    First, you are doing a great job with your eating plan and exercise routine! You are to be congratulated! I know it’s exciting when the pounds drop off at a faster rate in the beginning. I’m sure every dieter wishes that rate continued until we reached our goal. Alas, the human body does not function that way. So it’s important to remember that you are probably still losing fat even if your scale fails to reveal that fact. One very important thing to remember is that the scale is a woefully limited tool that only measures total weight, and does NOT tell you what those pounds are composed of. Fat, muscle, bone, water, organs, and the weight of the contents in your intestinal track are all part of your total weight. We talk about losing “weight”, but what we really mean is losing fat. You can still lose fat and the scale not show it, which is what I think is happening to you.

You might want to think about getting a body composition scale. Costco and Amazon both have them. My daughter recently bought one from Costco for $55 that shows fat, muscle, BMI, water, and bone. I think this is a great tool, especially when weight loss appears stalled. Keep up your good work— you’ll reach your goal!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if you're losing inches, then be glad!

with a low carb diet i see consistent weight loss.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a battle of will and patience. I think an 8 pound weight lose is a fairly good start. Some times it takes awhile for your body to get used to the changes. Also, if you are not eating enough, that can cause problems.
  • KrystalR34
    Options
    I am doing all kind of exercise...mainly cardio i'm currently watching Tiffany Rothe which she focuses on abs, hips, back and arms. I also have been walking 45 min on the treadmill was doing that about 4 times a week. I started doing crunches about 3 sets of 30 3 set of 15 push ups, 3 sets of different leg lifts and also dancing around here and there. On average i'm about 300 calories under my goal but that is after i do all my exercise. I eat fruit between breakfast and lunch and then again between lunch and dinner. thanks for all the comments. Hopefully this will help with your questions.