Eat More to Lose More Group Week 1

Options
2»

Replies

• allisontaylor
    Options
    Well...even though I upped my calories, they were pretty low before. Before, I wasn't eating my exercise calories, and was usually under 1000. Again, this was just during the week for me. So, now, I just eat what MFP recommends, ALWAYS eat my exercise calories, and am not quite so obsessive compulsive about it (i.e. if I go over by a couple of hundred, I don't fret it). So, with exercise added in, I eat usually around 1600-1800 a day during the week. I am trying to reign in the weekends a bit, cause I was tending to be more like 2500-3000 a day for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's. For the past two weeks, I've been able to keep Friday's in check....but with Halloween, kid birthday parties, big Sunday family dinners, I am still having a tough time Saturday and Sunday. But, I have toned those down to about 2500 or a little less. I don't exercise on Friday's or Saturday's either, so that makes those days tougher to keep on track. BUT, I am eating much healthier, and trying to ditch my sweet tooth that know no boundaries :)
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    UPDATE: Still eating more during the week....and LOST 2 pounds!!!
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Still eating more during the week....and LOST 2 pounds!!!

Congrats! WOOO.
    I am going in this Sunday to be weighed, but I fear with it only being 2 weeks of eating more that I might be in the stage of being up a pound or two...
    How long did it take you to start losing after switching to eating more?
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Mystasia - it has been about 1 month since I upped my calories. Let's hope the loosing continues!
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Just wondered if ya'll are still sticking with this - and what (if any) results you are seeing.....
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    No changes yet. I dont' expect miracles right away however :)
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just wondered if ya'll are still sticking with this - and what (if any) results you are seeing.....

Well last week, beginning of week 3, I was down 3lbs since first upping my calories. So for me that is a huge result since I wasn't loosing eating too little. Going to weigh in again this up coming Sunday. Though I fear Thanksgiving may skew it, we shall see!! :)
  • GarrisonBody
    Options
    First, I commend you all for your efforts.
    Second, don't shoot me for following your thread. I noticed that you had been to and used the calculators at my site, Garrison Body. After reading all of your posts I thought I would simply add a bit of information - FYI.

Lose the scale - it doesn't tell you whether you are losing fat or muscle. 99% of the time you are losing muscle, which you want to retain. Scale weight tells you nothing - only that your entire body has a particular weight. To know you are only losing fat you need to have your fat mass tested. Either through a local gym (if they have someone who knows how to use calipers - if they are within 6% accuracy that's fine) or the dunk tank at a local hospital (not recommended since they are pricey).
    1 to 1.5 fat pounds a week is all that can be lost safely.
    No more than 900 calorie deficit daily. My calculator includes a 750 calorie deficit (updated last week) so that people won't "push the envelope" and go over 1,000. The general public will see something that works and do more thinking a little works, do a lot.

Finally, I do actually respond to questions send through Garrison Body. If you have any I'm there. However, most questions are answered in the plethora of information in the site...which is why it's all there. I know that the information in my site is hard to believe, but if you read the pages you'll find out why what I posted is so different from the "norm".
    Keep up the great work and I won't bother you again.

Tom Garrison