any 49 yrs olds needing to lose 49 lbs??

Options
daisy0482
daisy0482 Posts: 52 Member
It may as well be 1000 lbs cause in my mind its like moving a mountain!! I would love more friends in the same boat at the same age (give or take).

Good luck with your jouney everyone!!

Corinne

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    How about a 48 year old who is losing 90 lbs?
    72 gone and almost there
    432360_353410994699711_1064828290_n.jpg
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi! Age is just a number. Eat at a reasonable deficit, lift some weights (so long as your Dr. okays it), do a little cardio (walking is great to start), always stretch after a workout and remember to get some rest.

You can do it, I promise!
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yep. Feel free to add me. We have similar goals.
  • rlovelie
    rlovelie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Corinne, You can do it. One of my excuses in the past couple of years was that I was reaching that age where it would be so hard to lose weight cause of my age. (currently 49). But since starting last March I have lost 43 lbs.. Found fitnesspal along the way and helps to keep me on track. For me what works is moving. At first my goals was 30 min a day, walking. I am now up to a min of 60 min and usually over 100. Now I know that seems like a lot but is adds up fast. 30 before work on the treadmill at home, I walk at each break 15x2 and another 20 or 30 at lunch. Then after dinner another 20 min walk with my hubby or son. Somedays are better than others, and now I am up to intermittant jog/ run on the treadmill. I also used to say I hate to sweat and at the end of my am session, I am soaked. But the rest of the day is just more movement. At my work they gave us all pedometers last year as part of a wellness program. I remember thinking how am I ever going to get to 10,000 steps a day. Now it is rare if I am under 18,000 and I know that I am doing more each week.

For diet, I am following WW at work, but I use fitnesspal for my tracking (its free) and usually eat 1200 - 1300 cal a day. But it is the good stuff, veggies, fruits, lean proteins and light versions of cheese ect... I will occasionaly splurge, but I make sure it is worth it.

Ok this is too long, but you have made real progress so far, just hang in there and put yourself first. Half the battle is just showing up..
    Renee
  • sonjaverdugo
    Options
    I am 43 and need to lose double that in wieght! BUT, I am trying!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi, You can do this if you are determined too. I was in that boat.I finally got really tired of yo-yoing. I am 55 yrs old and been on here since Sept. 2011. I lost some weight for my sons wedding in oct 2010 and didn't keep it off to long.It started going back up so I started working out again. The workouts were hard and I knew I wouldn't be to do them long term. So I started walking more. Then someone suggested this site to me. Best thing that ever happened. The food diary really showed me the calories I was eating, That was a wakeup call. I now try to make better choices, but I don't deny myself anything. I just make it fit into my calories. On my profile page it says I have lost 35lbs, but I have lost 48lbs. all together. I am trying to maintain now. But I plan to stay here because I don't want to slip back. You can add me as a friend if you want. You CAN do this .
  • DanielleHinkle24
    DanielleHinkle24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm almost 48 and need to lose about 45 pounds! Feel free to add me. I am a beginner here.
  • inspired_rebecca
    Options
    I'll be 49 Monday and want to lose 34 pounds. Just joined today, but looking forward to using all these great tools. I think it will help to keep me motivated and honest! :smile:

Feel free to add me as a friend. I think it's easier when you have someone to support you and keep telling you, "You can do it!" :smile:
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm that age, may want to lose a little less, but I am still in the ballpark--feel free to add me.
  • crickysue
    crickysue Posts: 67
    Options
    :happy: I am 46 and needed to lose about 50lbs. I signed up a little over a month ago. Down 14lbs. This is doable and i would love to be a friend. just started checking out the boards.

Cricket
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'll be 49 July 19th. I've already lost 28 lbs. and am in maintenance, but please feel free to friend me :smile:
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 45...have lost 103 pounds in 14 months. The key to success for me was getting pissed off enough to do it...NO excuses, zero, zip...that's right N-O-N-E. I think everyone finally reaches a moment in life where enough is enough...maybe this time is yours!
  • AmieJess
    AmieJess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have want to lose 50 pounds. I just found this site today and joined a gym yesterday. Looking for some friends to cheer along and to be cheered on by :) I'll add a profile pic soon
  • cksmummy
    cksmummy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and want to lose 120lbs, 75 of them this year is my goal! I've only been here a week and haven't started logging cals etc yet but I've read so many inspirational stories of people our age and older who have lost a tremendous amount of weight. I too started looking at this a week ago like it was 1000lbs, but after reading about so many inspirational people my mindset is changing. It really IS possible.
    I don't have a link for it but when you are looking through posts see if you can find a thread that says "most inspirational loss ever" or something like that. It's a short video about a man who lost a bucketload of weight in a relatively short time, changed his life in amazing ways and really against the odds. We sit here starting 'thinking' we can't do it - he was told by everybody he talked to that it was impossible..... yet he found a way.

We CAN do it and with help and support of great people around here we WILL do it!

I'll send you a friend request!
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Corinne

I'm 51 and have more then 49lbs to lose but I've sent you a friend request.

Wendy