HOW LONG DO YOU EXERCISE?

Options
how long do you guys usually exercise?:smile:

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I do an hr of cardio and 45 min of strenth training with weights about 4-5 a week.
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Usually totals about an hour (but I should probably do more) 5 times a week. I alternate with WiiFit and incline training on my treadmill, but today I did a solid hour on the treadmill weightloss program which alternates hills with sprints for 60 minutes. I burned 597 calories and went 3 miles. I thought that was pretty intense.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I get in 1/2 hour of elliptical and about 20 minutes of circuit training just about every day. 3 days a week a add about 20 minutes of pretty intense weights work.

So - about an hour a day. I do occasionally miss a day, but it's rare.

I also get out on my bicycle for an hour of 2 whenever I can. My circuit training is the 30 day shred video. It's 30 minutes, but I don't count warmups or cooldown time.
  • shadechick
    shadechick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've made it a point to exercise an hour a day on my Gazelle. It's not a heavy workout for me, so that's how I can go for an hour. I guess I do it because I know I can eat the calories that I burn, and if I don't have those extra calories then I'll be pretty hungry.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Lately I have been running.. doing the C25K program. I alternate that with a workout DVD. :smile: It usually is anywhere between 30 - 60 minutes. Slowly I hope to increase my running time. In a few weeks I should be able to run 3 miles.. and hope to increase that to 4 or 5 three times a week.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    when i had a puppy this summer, 45min walk in am + another hour of cardio.

now--one hour of cardio or p90x + smaller amt of cardio.
    (just started back up)
    altogether--work out 5-6 days/week

i'm trying to burn off the fat so my emphasis is on cardio.
  • casamelsmom
    Options
    I usually do 30 min on the eliptical 5x/week. M/W/F I add weight training. T/Th I do a core values class for 30 minutes.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Wow! Not as much as the people here! I run 45 minutes 3 times a week and if it's not too hot, i'll walk 3 miles on my lunchbreak 1-2 additional days a week.

Crunches here and there.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of running (with 10 min. warmup/cooldown) 3X a week, 45-60 min lifting 3X a week, and 20-30 min cardio thrown in 1-2X a week after lifting.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    2h karate classes three times a week (but we're not working full out for 2 hours:laugh: I usually count it as 60 minutes)
    30 minute doggie walk most days
    30 minute swim at least once a week
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    30 min exercise bike
    30 min walking dogs
    everyday
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It depends :/
    I get in at least 4 days of circuit training (2 of those w/ my trainer) for about an hour each...then I try to smush in 20-40min of Jillian Michael 30-day-shred-my-*kitten*-to-bits at least 2 additional days. The amount of time I spend on that varies between the 20min routine twice a day...or just once at night when I can't drag my *kitten* outta bed early enough for an am routine. If I'm lucky, I manage to smush in 30min of general yoga 3 days a week too.

My 'rest' day usually consists of running around doing errands like a chicken with their head cut off...or a nice afternoon hike.

So...6 days a week of actual exercise...then 1 day of randomness.

It's nuts!
    2 months ago- I think I was doing 2-3hrs of 'oh-hum' exercise a week. (you know...the kind you do just enough of to say you did something- but not enough of to sweat. My excuse was 'well, it's better than nothing!')

Now, I can't imagine not doing my 6+hrs of serious butt-kicking and I'm trying to figure out how to add in more.
  • jenners22
    Options
    I do 30-50 minutes depending on which DVD catches my eye.
  • jenners22
    Options

I will workout 5-6 days a week for 30-45 mintues depending on which DVD I want to use. On the rare day that I am bored out of my mind I will watch a TV show (usually a hour long show) and get on my ellitpical machine. But that's happened like 10 times in the last year. LOL:laugh:
  • katiej82
    Options
    My fitness director at my local YMCA said for ANYONE to get a benefit of their workout, 1 hour of cardio DAILY and 30 minutes of circuit training or free weight training.
    I personally like to do about 30-45 on the treadmill,elliptical and then whatever is remaining in a cardio class. It makes it more fun (plus having fun people to exercise with and upbeat music!) and time goes by faster. Hope this helps!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out, so I try to do at least 30 mins a day. Usually it's not too much more than a 1 mile walk, or an equivalent effort.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    It averages to 60-70 min six days a week. I do 90 25 25 60 60 90
  • akivi73
    Options
    I work out for 50min on the treadmill about 4days a week. 4min walk to warm up, 42min running, and then 4min walk to cool down.
  • inkprincess
    Options
    I do a 2 mile workout dvd that's 35min (Leslie Sansone is my god) and I also walk to take/ pick up my daughter from the school bus stop, which totals another 2 miles a day (half a mile each way, up/down a hill pushing a stroller). 5 days a week.
  • tdredhat
    Options

I try, if at all possible, to do at least 60 min or cardio 5 days a week and strength training 3 days a week for 60 min.