Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
I'm on Day 1 on the 30 day shred and I was just wondering how soon after starting do you notice the results on your body? And is it best to keep doing every day?

Replies

• Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for 17 days, but had to stop because It turns out I can't do high impact activities without having problems with my feet. However, even stopping early I saw improvement. I didn't really lose any weight, but my waist became more defined. I also built muscle in my legs and arms. I wish I had been able to do the whole 30 days, because I think I would have gotten even better results. I took a rest every 3 days or so. This is important! It can be a very tough regiment, especially when you switch levels and your body feels like it is on fire and your muscles are aching!

Good luck!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i started yesterday, i just took pictures this morning.

i'll let you know :P
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I will do day 10 sometime today. I took starting measurements and will measure again after completing each level. I'm not expecting to lose more than 5 lbs during this time period but I hope to lose some inches.
  • Allisonvl
    Allisonvl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 and my legs and arms are already toning up. I've lost about 4 lbs. The first week I was not great on diet so I didn't lose like I have this past week. I've also been doing at least 3 days of cardio.
  • 80ld
    80ld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    On day 7 , been doing an hour of walking/running a day & eating under 1200-1300 calories & have lost 4 lbs so far !!
    Jillian is tough!!
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2, Day 4 today! You can see the results in my profile picture. Feel free to send me a friend request and we can keep each other motivated.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this today :D I'm doing this after I come home from work at 6. I'm excited <3 I'll post picture soon. I suppose I should take one of myself before
  • KetoMamaLife
    KetoMamaLife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with the 30 day shred. I stretched it out a bit longer though. But I will be posting picks and info on Monday after I'm done and I have my weigh in:) feel free to add me:)
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Today is day 23 for me. I started to notice changes about 4 days in. Good luck!
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Take measurements and go by those rather than weight. You are going to gain muscle from doing it, so you may not "lose" so much weight, but you will def lose inches. I lost over 5lbs doing it and 6+ inches. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now and lost another 6lbs. I have muscle definition in my arms, legs, stomach that I never had before.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I would say I saw results about 2 weeks in. Definitely wait til you reach Level 2 before making any assumptions; it's much harder than Level 1! I only stayed at Level 1 for 5 days, Level 2 for 15 and Level 3 for 10. Overall, it took me about 40 days...I was also training for half-marathon at the time so I was doing cardio, too.

Doing Ripped In 30 now and it's also a great DVD...usually most who complete 30DS move to RI30.

30-day-shred-results-03.jpg
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I noticed results within a week just in how my clothes were fitting. Please keep at it--find what works for you. What works for me is doing it first thing in the morning--it builds my confidence and my attitude for the day is reflected by my workout. If I wait until I get off of work, I am just not into it because I'm already tired, you know? Give it at least 3 weeks--5x a wk for 3 weeks.
  • mandos78
    mandos78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of level 2. I measured myself at the end of level 1 and my waist was down 2 inches my hips down 1 and a half inch from my thighs. My weight was up 2lbs but a few people on here said that's normal in the first week. good luck
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 1 on the 30 day shred and I was just wondering how soon after starting do you notice the results on your body? And is it best to keep doing every day?

I actually took before and after pics at day 1 and day 10 and people could see the difference in just 10 days, especially in my butt region. I stopped doing the shred then, I'm planning to restart this weekend. Being a flabby size six is NOT an option! :)
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of level 2. I measured myself at the end of level 1 and my waist was down 2 inches my hips down 1 and a half inch from my thighs. My weight was up 2lbs but a few people on here said that's normal in the first week. good luck

That weight gain was such a ***** for me. Then I read an article by the Chalean leady about the body retaining water for muscles when you start an intense workout regimen and it can be upwards of 3-4lbs of retained water weight. Then the day the soreness died down, I dropped three pounds in one day. So worth the sticktoitiveness. :)
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I actually started "seeing" the results at the last part of level 2. I took two days off a week from doing it. I took before and after pics, and you can see the difference.
  • mandos78
    mandos78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

That weight gain was such a ***** for me. Then I read an article by the Chalean leady about the body retaining water for muscles when you start an intense workout regimen and it can be upwards of 3-4lbs of retained water weight. Then the day the soreness died down, I dropped three pounds in one day. So worth the sticktoitiveness. :)

I just made my husband hide the scales I had an idea it was water weight because my wedding ring is stuck on my finger.
  • mminnic
    mminnic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on day 14 and have lost inches in my waist, hips and thighs. I dropped 5 lbs and have gained back 3 but I am sure it is muscle. I can't believe just how much stronger I feel in such a short amount of time! Stick with it! We'll keep each other motivated.
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and I've noticed the water weight too. It's incredibly discouraging for me since I've lost so well just walking and dieting. I'm really hoping to see good results though. I'm trying really hard not to let that weight gain kill my motivation. It kind of helps just to see the before and after pics from 30 day shred in this forum. I know it'll be worth it in the end, even if I can't move.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I think reading this thread has inspired me to try 30DS again. I can only get to maybe day 2 and I'm so sore I can barely walk or sit down that there's no way I could do a work out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!