For Real this Time Around....Hello Everyone!

Options
Hi everyone. I have been a member of the site for a while, but never really logged anything. I hate the tedious work, especially when it's hard to figure out when you go out for a dinner treat or something. UGH. Here is a little about me. I'm 39 and have been doing the weight loss journey for two years now. I officially started on Sparkpeople.com after I realized enough was enough of the post baby weight from having two kids. I was at my heaviest 237 and being a tall person, did not look that much. Thank GOD! Anyways, I'm 5'8 and since have lost 54 lbs. My goal is a healthy BMI of about 155 or so. I can't remember ever weighing that, so you could say...I've always fit into the overweight or obese category most of my life. I love working out, but find it more of a chore to eat healthy. I'm an emotional eater, mainly at night eating things because I'm watching television or bored. My only hate of logging things on here is know what all was actually in something if I eat out for a meal. Not sure what to do? Estimate?
I have a sluggish thyroid because of thyroiditis during my whole journey of weightloss. No hyper or hypo yet, but being treated with levothyroxine. Also stuggle with depression/anxiety, but find that losing weight has boosted a lot of my self esteem up. I'm glad to be here and hope for some huge successes.
On a side note, I'll be starting P90X for another more heartily go around July 1. Wish me luck! :)

Replies

• case87
    case87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome, my new friend!

I am exactly the opposite of you. I have a killer will-power when it comes to eating right. I always look up what I'm going to eat, before I even start cooking it, ordering it, or eating it. I found that's the easiest way for me to not go over my calories. I hate working out though. I've done the gym thing, and that's worst of all. I have done TurboFire with my sister before, and that was a fun, high-intensity workout, and only half an hour long. She tells me all the time that if I had the drive to work out like she does, and she had my will-power to stay under my calories, we'd both be hot skinny girls!

Good luck on your journey and congratulations on how far you've come!