One Year Anniversary - BEFORE/AFTER PICS!

Options
nheilweil
nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
It's my one year anniversary so figured that I'd post a couple before/after pics (this takes more courage than I thought!)

One year ago, I got home from vacation with the family and watched a video of me laying out at the pool. Oh my God, I thought, is that what I look like?! How did I get so blubbery? I was 49 and abruptly realized that decades of being sedentary and careless with my eating had taken their toll.

I'm 5'8" and was 197 lb. & 27% body fat. After years telling myself, "I'll start tomorrow" I decided that I needed to get in shape and there would be no higher priority for me, not family or work or friends -- no excuses! I started tracking my food keeping to 1,200 cal/day and learned to love brocolli! (seriously, have you TRIED to eat 1,200 calories of that stuff!)

I committed to 30 min. of cardio a day and started with walking 15 minutes twice a day. I got a FitBit and learned to love parking at the far end of the lot just so I could get extra steps in! After a few months I joined a gym and hit the elliptical machine every day (I can't believe I've logged over 1,100 miles over the year)! I realized that if I was working out, I needed to "bring it" and work up a sweat. I got a heart rate monitor so I could push my limits. Now I want to really start building some muscle and have started lifting. Yes, they are the lightest weights in the gym but I know I will do better if I stick with it and remember that it's a journey just like my weight loss was.

Today, I'm 154 lb. & 17% body fat -- that's 43 lb. with 28 lb. of fat no longer on me! It may not be "Biggest Loser" worthy, but it means the world to me!

ba1-2.jpg

and another...

ba2-2.jpg

Replies

• bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing difference one year can make in a person's life. Congrats on your loss and you look great.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference, you are doing great. Thanks for the motivation.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :drinker:
    It is hard to believe it is the same person.
    I really appreciate your approach.
  • MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! I love hearing how people get started. Your story is similar to mine. I saw a picture of myself and was so embarrassed! When I started in April I could hardly exercise and just started slow. I've lost 25 pounds so far and it's made a huge difference in my endurance!

Congrats on your 1 year!
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • colonial96
    colonial96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story - thanks for sharing!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Good for you for posting. It was a valuable year, and you have done fantastic. We celebrate this kind of change. And it inspires others. Thanks,
  • icandothisin2012
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. You give me hope!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! your dedication and hard work have paid off.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! You look GREAT!
  • Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!
  • meowstrom
    meowstrom Posts: 37
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! You've done an awesome job building up your fitness levels.
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great Work!! You younger and healthier!!
  • charlottecammidge
    Options
    Big well done to u u have done fab xxx
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Happy Anniversary and a major CONGRATS. You've done well.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    awesome achievement. Nice work
  • Gemma1317
    Gemma1317 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look great :-)
  • toothfairy50
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you look great really .and even greater when you smile
    you should be proud of yourself.Great job.What was
    your eating plan,just curious
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look really proud and pleased and so you should. Thats a great achievement.

Did you eat 1200 net or gross?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!