Gastric Bypass Support Group

Options
MCunliffe
MCunliffe Posts: 29 Member
So I am going in for my Gastric Bypass on Wednesday June 20th and I thought that I would look for a support group on this forum, but I was unable to find one, so I am starting one! :tongue:

I am wondering if there are any other recent recipients of this surgery or soon to be recipients? I thought that we could use this forum to share our experiences, struggles, and successes. Please respond if you are interested in taking part in sharing this journey with others!:heart:

Melissa

Replies

• mommy3girlygirls
    Options
    I am thinking about you and praying for you as you have surgery tomorrow. I am in my 3 months of supervised weight loss period for insurance feel free to add me
  • florascarbrough
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery in December 2011. I have lost about 95 lbs since then. I lost 100 lbs before surgery. For a grand total of 195 lbs lost to date. I walk 45 minutes a day at least. I still am not able to eat much. I think I am doing great! I wish you the best with your surgery...
  • bullet27f
    bullet27f Posts: 5
    Options
    I had surgery 2 weeks ago and am down 16 lbs, I am also looking for additional support.:smile:
  • tdawn1017
    tdawn1017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just had my surgery on June 21st. I would love to have some people to support me through this journey!! It's all about making life changes...
  • jlynn473
    jlynn473 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just had mine on June 7th this year. I'd be interested in going on this journey with others in the same time frame.
  • GastricJoy
    GastricJoy Posts: 17
    Options
    Looks like I am in the right place. I had RNY on June 4 of this year. I am happy to be hear and share my journey with you all as well,
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There is a huge Gastric Bypass group on this site! Just go to Community and scroll down and you will find us! Welcome!!
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Its under Group Forums!
  • GastricJoy
    GastricJoy Posts: 17
    Options
    THX
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am almost 3 months out from RNY. It has had its challenging moments...but I still its the best decision I ever made. I make better food choices (most of the time) and I exercise regularly. Anyone can feel free to add me. The more support we get the better!
  • MCunliffe
    Options
    I have started a group called Gastric Bypass Support. Please join me there to share your adventure, trials and tribulations!
  • noangel29
    noangel29 Posts: 1
    Options
    i had the surgery done 10weeks ago and down 53lbs....it be great to have support while not only myself but others go on this journey
  • MCunliffe
    Options
  • MCunliffe
    Options
    Wow! What and inspiration you are! I had a hard time loosing much weight before the surgery. I ended up only loosing 27 pounds before. My goal for surgery was 23 pounds. I just had a hard time doing it. I think I did a lot of self sabotage because I would think this is the last time I will be able to eat this or that so I want to enjoy it now while I can. It was stupid! I am just so grateful that I lost the weight I needed to in order to have the surgery.