Tattoos

Options
_Bob_
_Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
I'm getting 3 more tattoos on Monday, maybe 4. my guy said that if I get more than one it would save him money on needles and such so he's charging me less to get multiple done in the same sitting.

here they are...

left upper arm, my family crest

1975_59741587128_547_n2.jpg

In the middle of my upper back, designed thins one when I was in the Army and my bro and a friend got it 13 years ago. now I'm finally getting it on me with my Unit patch in the middle.

100Middlebacktattoo.jpg

this next one I might get around both arms just above my farmers tan lines. I'll start with my right arm and get the left done if I have the time.

celtic-2055i.jpg

this last one I'm getting when I reach my goal on my chest somewhere. It's still unfinished

Celticknot.jpg

I thought about waiting to hit my goals go get more and then realized that getting them now would be more motivation to hit my goal so I am more comfortable showing them off.

Replies

• lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    Very cool and congrats! I get mine done in multiples because of saving on needles. Plus, if you're going to have to be careful to heal, you may as well do it at once.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Drink some apple juice before you go!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I want a huge tattoo of two wolves that are part of a viking legend a giant wolf named Skoll chases the Moon, and its brother Hati pursues the Sun — and if either sinks their teeth into one and holds it back, an eclipse occurs.

I'm not 100% in love with this drawing of them but it gives you the picture.
    http://weirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/skitched-20110103-175739.jpg
  • _Bob_
    Options

by apple juice do you mean scotch?
  • McBully4
    Options

by apple juice do you mean scotch?

I think she does
  • _Bob_
    Options
    I want a huge tattoo of two wolves that are part of a viking legend a giant wolf named Skoll chases the Moon, and its brother Hati pursues the Sun — and if either sinks their teeth into one and holds it back, an eclipse occurs.

I'm not 100% in love with this drawing of them but it gives you the picture.
    http://weirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/skitched-20110103-175739.jpg

I like it

I have a old viking symbol on my arm
  • McBully4
    Options
    I like the one you designed that your brother and army pal have, that would be the best to have a tattoo that you designed yourself.

I like this version of them better but I'm not sure how this design would look as a tattoo.

http://www.greenmanleather.ca/products/viking-belts/skoll-hati-belt.jpg
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Dude, that's a lot. I don't know man. Just sayin'. You may not make it through. It's different when it's just one in one spot, but you start doing one arm, then the back, then the other arm...you're body may not take that well. Do you have any now? Have you ever had one? It's not exactly a walk in the park.

Personally, I think it's too much. I would be worried of an artist that would even be willing to do that. Anyway, good luck. Maybe do a little research. That's a lot of damage in one sitting.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    whew.

i thought this was going to be one of THOSE threads bob.

yay!
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Dude, that's a lot. I don't know man. Just sayin'. You may not make it through. It's different when it's just one in one spot, but you start doing one arm, then the back, then the other arm...you're body may not take that well. Do you have any now? Have you ever had one? It's not exactly a walk in the park.

Personally, I think it's too much. I would be worried of an artist that would even be willing to do that. Anyway, good luck. Maybe do a little research. That's a lot of damage in one sitting.

I agree.

It'd be a bit different if it was small 10-15 min tattoos but they don't look small.

I had my ribs done this year and that was 3hours, I don't think my body could have taken any more beatings that day lol.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Oh btw... All very nice tattoos!

But I'd get them done one after another in different sittings... But that's just me :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Love it. It's a lot, keep that in mind
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
    I have a cross on one arm and on the other I have my deceased wifes name, my two kids names and athje symbol for cowboy church (a cowboy kneelign at the cross praying with his horse behind him).
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of most people's choices of tattoos. thats probably why ive never been able to decide on one for myself. but i really like your choices.
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    Awesome plan... 1-1.5 hour sessions seem to be best for most folk...
  • Tanglesaturnfly
    Tanglesaturnfly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want two bows with cupcakes in the center on the backs of my thighs, I have been thinking it'll be my reward once i get to my goal.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    longest I ever sat for one sitting was 9 hours and in that time maybe two 10 minute breaks..
    I love tattoos

I am so jealous
    have fun and sit it out..

pretend its a work out and when you want to give up ..push for a little longer.
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options

I agree....my husband is a tattoo artist and he never recommends more than 4 hours in a sitting and that is pushing it. Usually he does 2 hour sittings. I order my husbands supplies for him and the needles are the cheapest part. It is a lot to do that much work in one sitting....if you can handle it than you have an amazing tolerance for pain.
  • josiecowboy69
    Options

What does the Apple juice do? Other than maybe, make you have to pp.
  • seanson4774
    Options
    My tatt took 6 hours in total but got it done in 2 sittings. Nothing like Tatt pain too bond you to the tattoo!!! I would do it in a few sessions. I had a work mate die from blood poisioning from being tatted too long just saying.

Your body bro but becareful.