Video Documentery

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
I have created a Video of my weight loss journey! I have still about 15-20 more to go. I know I said 10-15 before but I'm not sure yet, if you watch the video you'll understand what's going on. You will also notice I have changed my ticker from 120lbs loss to 110lbs loss, because my bathroom scale is way off, so I've tossed it out the window I will no longer go by that scale, I'll go back to using my Wii scale but as I said in my video, I am not really even focused on the number anymore, I rather go by my tape measure and the way my clothes fit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mama2SethandOlivia/view/shine-282322

You can see the video by that link...

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    Options
    Thanks hon :)
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting the video. I am in tears. I am where you were in the beginning. I have let myself go and can't stand the way I look or feel. I am taking back my life one day at a time and i will get to that happy place again. You are an inspiration.
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    Bump
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    Great video....inspiring.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    fantastic journey!! Definitely inspirational and you look so young, so happy, so vibrant....I'm inspired and can only hope one day to shed that much :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It's good, if you made it just for MFP folks, it's great how it is. I like learning more about my MFP friends' lives.

My comment would be, if you want a wider audience, make a version with only the slide show and song or with the slideshow and song first, then the commentary. Otherwise, I think you might lose strangers before they get to that part. Or shorten it down to a few comments related to weight loss, like how you felt about yourself.

Also, people might want to know what the weight loss doctor told you, what if any medication you were given, and what your workout and calorie routines are. Although you did mention where to find you if they want to ask, which is good.

Overall, great video! I totally relate to looking in the mirror and hating myself and telling myself so. Not a good way to live at all.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    It's good, if you made it just for MFP folks, it's great how it is. I like learning more about my MFP friends' lives.

My comment would be, if you want a wider audience, make a version with only the slide show and song or with the slideshow and song first, then the commentary. Otherwise, I think you might lose strangers before they get to that part. Or shorten it down to a few comments related to weight loss, like how you felt about yourself.

Also, people might want to know what the weight loss doctor told you, what if any medication you were given, and what your workout and calorie routines are. Although you did mention where to find you if they want to ask, which is good.

Overall, great video! I totally relate to looking in the mirror and hating myself and telling myself so. Not a good way to live at all.

Thanks, I'll redo it for a wider audience... I almost stuck the video of me talking at the end but wasn't sure lol. I don't take medications, I hate taking pills of any kind I'll suffer with a headache before I take a pill lol.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll redo it for a wider audience... I almost stuck the video of me talking at the end but wasn't sure lol. I don't take medications, I hate taking pills of any kind I'll suffer with a headache before I take a pill lol.

Hey, that would be a great thing to mention somewhere in there, a lot of people think they need pills to lose weight. Doubly inspiring when someone loses that much without taking diet pills.
  • thinmg
    thinmg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done. I enjoyed watching that!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    OMG,,, just watched it!! I cried. So inspiring!! I just love your positivity. The world needs to see this. :-)
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and your journey is even more amazing. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Your video made me cry!! SO inspiring!!:) Thank you so much for sharing this!!:) :flowerforyou:
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Glad you all enjoyed it :)
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Great video! And great loss!! Keep up the amazing work and keep feeling great about yourself!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Great video! And great loss!! Keep up the amazing work and keep feeling great about yourself!

Thanks I will :)
  • newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job Melissa !!! You've done great !
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Great job Melissa !!! You've done great !

Thanks hon :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!