My scales have got to be broken. I don't get it.

Options
Sure they're analogue and not very accurate, but they show a loss of 5 kg (11 lb) ib two weeks. I set MFP to lose at 1/2 a pound. I would swear someone is adjusting them to make it look better. I am actually puzzled. I am eat loads, like 2000 calories, no formal exercise. I got sick and my food scale stopped working so I kinda guessed my serving sizes. I am still eating chips and chocolate in small portions and slipped up in the first week and ate KFC and McDonalds. I seem to be eating all the time. I'm not depriving myself at all, and I feel a bit guilty sometimes that I can eat so much. Yeah it's probably water weight, or whatever and OMG I must have eaten soooooo much before :S I am happy that I am losing, now petrified of getting saggy. but WTF? The night before todays weigh in I had a giant bowl of pasta with cream and three different types of meat and it is TOM.

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    could be womanly fluctuations. you know, bloat and all that.

i wouldn't hate that. ;D
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    I have a digital scale. Works fine. You may want to invest in a new scale.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Check your scales by putting something on them that you know the weight of and if they are accurate then go YAY and do a little wiggle dance. :drinker:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Hey, be glad for it and know that not every week will be like this.
    Just stay the course no matter what.
    WELL DONE:flowerforyou:
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you are actually using this site to accurately track food and calorie intake and now you're eating 2000 calories, I bet you were probably eating a whole lot more calories than you thought you were before you decided to go on a diet. Although it hardly sounds like you're dieting. I'm not entirely sure how you're utilizing this website?
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    Uh... Was this English?

It's funny when you realize how much over what your body needs huh!

Whatever it is, look for trends on you measurements and rock on!
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Maybe I should get a new scale. Though I am wary, in the past I have failed with weight loss because I became obsessed with the scale.

I know it wont always be this easy, though I really wanted to go slow so it would last. NO MORE YOYOING!

No I am not dieting, I absolutely refuse to go on a diet. I have a few rules: Eat protein every meal, eat vegies, salad and fruit everyday, don't deprive myself of anything, stay under my calorie allowance. I am using this site to track my calories, interact with people and learn about health.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should get a new scale. Though I am wary, in the past I have failed with weight loss because I became obsessed with the scale.

I know it wont always be this easy, though I really wanted to go slow so it would last. NO MORE YOYOING!

No I am not dieting, I absolutely refuse to go on a diet. I have a few rules: Eat protein every meal, eat vegies, salad and fruit everyday, don't deprive myself of anything, stay under my calorie allowance. I am using this site to track my calories, interact with people and learn about health.

It's called eating more 2 weigh less! It works! Go read all about it and free yourself!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    make sure you dont move your scale.. If you weigh yourself in a different spot, it can give you a different reading.
    \My floor is warped so i get different readings all the time when i move it.. so i stick to one spot..
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Eat more 2 weigh less makes sense to me.

I do wonder about the wonky floor. It definitely could be it.
  • mawray2
    mawray2 Posts: 13
    Options
    If you have just started a change in eating that is probably the reason. Many people lose significant amounts of weight in the beginning, it's water weight. Your losses should slow down soon.