Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions?

Options
I am getting ready to buy a heart rate monitor. Does anyone have any suggestions? My budget is around $100.
I was thinking about getting a fitbit (www.fitbit.com) what do you guys think?

Replies

• MrForensic
    Options
    I was looking at some myself. I came across the Timex Personal Trainer they say on consumersearch.com that it is the best buy for a beginner. It has a calorie counter in addition and it has user replaceable batteries (so you dont have to ship it when it dies). Most consumer reports were positive. It is around $45 on amazon.com. Hope that helps
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Polars are the best! I have the polar F6, it was 100 dollars, i got it from amazon.com ... they have a website that you can look at that tells you the details... good luck, they are a great investment!

~Leash :heart:
  • meglide
    meglide Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Polar brand of HRMs, I had a Polar F1 for 6-7 years and it always worked well, recently replaced it with a Polar F6 for about $100 and couldn't be more pleased with it. Wife had bought herself a Timex Ironman and the user interface was very counter-intuitive, even reading the manual we could never figure out how to display calories, or stop it from beeping if she wasn't in her zone, replaced hers with a Polar F6 (pink so we don't get them mixed up). Haven't even had to look at the manual, very intuitive user interface. Easy menu setups, easy to use, can see instant HR, calories burned and time spent in workout while working out, logs everything, just can't say enough about how good it's been.

hope this helps,
    Mike
  • mrcconway
    Options
    Always reasearch your product you will buy. Read the reviews to learn what can be done. Also some HR straps you CANNOT change the battery and must buy a new strap so after a while you'd be out another 50$ instead of 5$ for a new batt. Get one that you can change the batt on
  • EllienLyla
    Options
    I have a polar F6 and I love it! I highly recommend it:happy:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I have a polar F6 and I love it. Got it for under $100 and choose it because of reviews I read here.