Been in the backgrond on MFP for awhile....

Options
And I think it is time that I create a support system. I have gotten some great ideas from people since yesterday and such wonderful words of encouragement. I feel very out of control with my eating...I can not physically eat a lot but I can eat a little of the WORST things...I work full time, take 2 online classes, will soon be in nursing school and am planning a wedding....I think I stress eat and I eat when I am bored. As I write this I wonder when I have time to be bored but it is VERY easy to be bored when you sit in front of a computer trying to figure out how to make a concept map (which is RIDICULOUS for a nutrition class...I thought I was supposed to be learning about what to eat....but not....concept maps). How do I build a support group here?
Thanks
Sara

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It's easy. I just sent you a friend request. I'm taking A&P so believe me, I know all about stress. I'm also taking a nutrition class. It's really helping me, and MFP is a great tool. Although sometimes I wish it could give more information than it does.

You have to eat many times a day with a gastric bypass, don't you?

Ruth
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I work full time, take 2 classes at college part time and am a full time mom to a very active 2 year old boy lol its hard to find time for yourself but its essential!! I started following Weight Watchers 2 years ago and am now down 81lbs. I joined MFP a week ago because I need a change up and so far I am seeing good results :) Definitley will be a support and motivator for you :)
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    I too have been in the background on MFP. I guess I am shy...anyway I am looking for friends and support too. Please feel free to add me.

Also there is a great website for making concept maps and it's free....it's called Popplet (www.popplet.com). I am a teacher and it works great for concept maps. Best of luck!
  • saritabonita22
    Options
    Hi Ruth, I just got done with A&P 1...I am starting A&P 2 in the fall. I am taking Nutrition, Drug Calculations and Life Span Psychology this summer....it is time consuming since Nutrition is just a month long and I am sure Life Span will be the same way as it starts next month. With Gastric bypass I eat about 6-7 meals a day, but have gotten in the bad habit of snacking too much! It was a blessing to have went thru the surgery but now it is up to me which I am falling right back into old habits!!
  • saritabonita22
    Options
    Mrs. B....I wish I wrote this post last week! I just submitted my concept map on Thursday! I had never even heard of a concept map before but I think I did ok...I worked VERY hard on it! Very time consuming!
    What do you teach??

alord426...you have your hands full for sure!!! Weight watchers is an amazing program! I have had success with it in the past but do not have the money for it right now! Plus my finance keeps asking me why do I keep buying new work out stuff but have't even used the last one I bought! lol
  • nickster301
    Options
    We just started an 8 week Weight Loss Accountability Challenge Group on MFP. It would be a spot for support and tips. Here is the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6598-8-week-summer-challenge
  • MrsB724
    Options
    Mrs. B....I wish I wrote this post last week! I just submitted my concept map on Thursday! I had never even heard of a concept map before but I think I did ok...I worked VERY hard on it! Very time consuming!
    What do you teach??

I teach 7th graders U.S History. I am sure your concept map was wonderful. I can't tell you how many I have seen/created over the years. It is a staple for teachers. It is always nice when you can find technology that is free that helps you get your tasks done.

I am assuming the program that you are in is for nursing?
  • MrsB724
    Options
    [/quote]

I am assuming the program that you are in is for nursing?
    [/quote]

Sorry...just reread your first post....it is nursing. I must be getting tired :yawn:
  • saritabonita22
    Options
    Thanks Nickster....I just joined!
    Mrs. B...I was the WORST history student in school. It was hard for me to just listen in class and memorize stuff....I was much more a math and english person. Then I found my calling working with the elderly and it was like live history. I became very interested in what is history to me (being 32) they lived through. Like here in Boston, until I worked with them, I never knew there was a Molassas spill....that is CRAZY! I also visited DC and found that history was so much more interesting (to me) in person.
    Anyway...long story short, I have grown to enjoy the subject.
    Yes, nursing....my work is paying for me and it guarentees my a job when I graduate. I am doing some online classes now and I look at what is to come....40 hrs of work, 5 hours lecture, 3 hours lab and 12 hours clinical....not to mention study time...if I am tired now I dont even know what I will call it then!!!! Thats why I am trying to get my physical and mental life under control before this all!!!
    Sara
  • MrsB724
    Options
    You live in a wonderfully rich part of the United States as far as early U.S History goes. I can't wait until my kids are older and we can plan a trip out east.

You are so busy right now! You should feel very proud of the fact that you are focusing on your personal goals as well as the professional goals. Way to go girl!