Lunch Ideas??

Options
giantsr1
giantsr1 Posts: 45 Member
I have been working from home and have been pretty successful with making healthy food choices but I am starting a job at a day care and will need to pack my lunch. I am trying to think of ideas that are easy enough to pack and bring with me. There is a refrigerator there so I can keep it cold. Any ideas?? Thanks!!

Replies

• jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    salads! pack on the veggies and protein
  • frostymom3
    frostymom3 Posts: 33
    Options
    yogurt. Oikos or chobani are both good brands, have a piece of fruit like an apple with it. You can also buy low sodium reduced fat lunch meats paired with light white bread or light wheat its not that high in calories especially if you are chasing little ones around all day .
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Some of my packed lunch items include salads, hard-boiled eggs, rice pudding snack cups, nuts, peanut butter with apple slices, grapes, yogurt, tuna salad, celery with cream cheese, and cheese sticks.
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    No wheat I just learned that it can hinder your weight loss. Prep your meals in advanced when you have down time, make enough for all your meals for a week. Yogurt is good make it greek and it does not have to be brand name I love the one from walmart. Fish, chicken, ground turkey with brown rice and stir fry veggeis. Im making a speggtie sqash with ground chicken meatballs and sauce. try sites like foodnetwork, eat well,skinny taste. and if you like to bake use agave necter and apple sauce in stead of egg and oil,I have also stared using coconut oil instead of olive but be careful not to use coconut oil if you are one blood thiner cuz it will do that. I hope some of this was usefull good luck friend me if you like!
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Beans (the bag kind, not the can kind, unless you're not worried about sodium) and brown rice with salsa and/or a few ounces of chicken breast. You can make four servings at a time and put them in little storage containers, then microwave them at lunchtime. They're filling and tasty!