30 Day Shred

Options
I just watched part of level 1 and it piqued my curiosity.... can those of you who have done it give me more information. Does it work, worth the time? I have a gym membership but would like different options in my exercising.

Thank you for all your help :-)

Replies

• Jackolina85
    Jackolina85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works! And yes, it's worth the time! Love it!

But I will tell you that I have done it twice and I don't ever last the whole 30 days. The reason for that is because I get bored real easily and it becomes too repetitive for me. :/ I last about 20 days...and that's with getting through all 3 levels. But that's just me.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    lol I just saw this earlier, def proves there are results! ... check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/250976-my-30-day-shred-results
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I did it. I didn't have the drastic results some people here post (I'm sooo jealous of that btw) but it does work. I lost inches and a couple pounds. And it's nice because you can do it at home so I had no excuses for not working out. And it wasn't that long from what I can remember. I felt like a badass when I finished it, but I'm really out of shape, lol

As another person posted it does get repetitive. I'm doing her ripped in 30 right now and I like that because I'm only doing each workout 5 times instead of 10. but it's longer- about 35 minutes- and workout 3 made me want to reach through my TV and choke her *kitten*. But that's just me :laugh: I get to look forward to workout 4 starting Monday, lol
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've heard better things about Ripped in 30 VS 30DS. I just finished ripped and got pretty good results. lost 3 inches in my natural waist and around 2 everywhere else while maintaining one cheat day a week.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It's about 25 mins long. She moves you from cardio to strength back to cardio etc. I don't think you do anything for longer than 30 secs so it moves. Not a bad workout for at home but it really wasn't meant for you to do everyday. It would be a good supplement with a gym membership for those days you don't want to go. She does want you to use free weights for some of the exercises. Just FYI.
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's hard but it's worth it. I didn't lose a bunch of weight but I toned up and my clothes fit much better. AND it's only 20 minutes long.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    YES it works!!!
  • mrsrdqz86
    mrsrdqz86 Posts: 19
    Options
    Jillian is AWESOME! I did her body revolution and got better results than insanity...im not a gym goer at all but if you enjoy the gym there's nothin wrong with adding videos at home to keep variety :) shes pretty in your face so be prepared lol good luck!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It's about 25 mins long. She moves you from cardio to strength back to cardio etc. I don't think you do anything for longer than 30 secs so it moves. Not a bad workout for at home but it really wasn't meant for you to do everyday. It would be a good supplement with a gym membership for those days you don't want to go. She does want you to use free weights for some of the exercises. Just FYI.

What size weights will I need?
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

around 3 lbs
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options

that's going to vary per person..... you could do it a couple times without it. Then go to the store and figure out what's best for you. You could hold water bottles first or something similar that you can grip kind of easy. Just to get some resistance and then figure out if you want something heavier or not. Right now all I have here is 1 lb or 10 lb so I used the 1 lb. I need to go get probably 5 lb but I thought we had some so I'm still digging around in our storage area to see.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options

that's going to vary per person..... you could do it a couple times without it. Then go to the store and figure out what's best for you. You could hold water bottles first or something similar that you can grip kind of easy. Just to get some resistance and then figure out if you want something heavier or not. Right now all I have here is 1 lb or 10 lb so I used the 1 lb. I need to go get probably 5 lb but I thought we had some so I'm still digging around in our storage area to see.

Thank you both:-)
    I think tomorrow will be picture day and I'll start Monday!
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I started with 2.5 and SLOWLY worked my way to 5lbs