i need a hrm really cheap-suggestions?

2»

Replies

• MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    FYI - If you do buy one, check the RETURN POLICY! This is one reason why I recommended Amazon. Other sites only give you 30 days from the day you placed your order SMH...
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    thanks for the responses so far everyone! i am just trying to do it right lol. i may have to save for a while. or wait til another payday anyway. lol right now i know im doing okay cause im losing weight i am just thinking about future
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    You could also check craigslist to see if anyone is selling theirs used.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    You could also check craigslist to see if anyone is selling theirs used.

i didnt even think about that. i was assuming hrm were something u didnt want to buy used lol.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    What I learned is if you spend less than $60, it won't be worth it at all.

I bought a New Balance N4 at Target and for the unit and tax it ran me about $67 and it was worth every penny.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    I see someone said bodytronics.com, I totally agree. I got my polar ft4 at bodytronics for 61.88, no shipping charges, no taxes. It's just a little over your 50.00 limit but in my opinion it is worth it. The HRMs with the chest strap are more accurate and I love that it remembers my last 10 training sessions and tells me when I'm not in my target heart rate zone. Plus it makes a pretty watch :) bodytronics also has a polar ft1 (which just has less features but still has a chest strap for accuracy) that comes in under your budget at 44.88, also with free shipping. Good luck!
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    I see someone said bodytronics.com, I totally agree. I got my polar ft4 at bodytronics for 61.88, no shipping charges, no taxes. It's just a little over your 50.00 limit but in my opinion it is worth it. The HRMs with the chest strap are more accurate and I love that it remembers my last 10 training sessions and tells me when I'm not in my target heart rate zone. Plus it makes a pretty watch :) bodytronics also has a polar ft1 (which just has less features but still has a chest strap for accuracy) that comes in under your budget at 44.88, also with free shipping. Good luck!

so far it sounds like the best one to get lol. i will look about it in a few weeks when i have money for it.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    I'm waiting on one from Rebook that I don't need. Maybe we can work something out..
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Where are you located? In 2010 I found my HRM for about $40 at Academy Sports & Outdoors - it's more of a Southern states store...but if you don't have one of those maybe try ****'s Sporting Goods? You could always check eBay! I don't even remember the brand of mine.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    I strongly recommend you wait until you can spend just $10-$20 more. There are a lot of really good ones in the $60-$70 price range.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    I don't think there are any good "really cheap" options, sorry.
    agreed!!
    i cannot afford over 50 dollars and im being told i need to get a hrm. if anyone knows of a GOOD one for really cheap please tell me. if its good enough ill just have to find a way to get it.
    Polar FT4 Bodytronics has them very low priced with free shipping and use the code POP and you get a discount on top of all that. Definitely a good brand, you don't want to buy cheap or they only break, buying low cost is OK as long as you're getting a reputable brand.

Many will share their choices with you on your thread or do a search for HRM's using the search feature, we've all ask and each thread gets all sorts of great suggestions.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    i cannot afford over 50 dollars and im being told i need to get a hrm. if anyone knows of a GOOD one for really cheap please tell me. if its good enough ill just have to find a way to get it.
    http://www.dealhack.com/archives/2009/03/reebok_precision_xt_heart_rate_2.html

I have this one on right now. I've used it for over 6 years now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    watch only ones are the same as machines, they only give averages. But for a cheaper idea, the $10 sports watches sold in K-mart (In Australia) it is a place to start and thats what we both did. We now each have Polar HRM, I have the FT7 and he has the FT80. They are acurate and actually give higher cal burn readings than our walker or spin bike has. Really good to know. They are over $100 and have the chest strap. But this is the only way to get an exact cal burn reading, as well as important info like highest and lowest heart rate levels and BPM (beats per minute). BUT, the good thing is, you could get the better known brands for second hand online. The chest straps can not only be machine washed (The Polar ones can) but you can get a cheap new one for yourself. You will love it when you have one, watch or watch with the chest strap, they are another way of motivating you to keep going. You give yourself small goals, like burning 10 more cals, or working for a few mins more to reach a round number like 10,20,30 mins exact. Good luck with what you find.