polar FT4 any good?

Options
i have found an online store on ebay, and its only $85!!! when the shop price is $150 i think.

i was just wondering if you guys can give me feed back on them if there any good!

i only really want it for calorie counting when im at the gym and for when i do exercises at home with dvds and balls.
while im at the gym i use treadmill, elliptical machine and weights.

thankyouuu!!! liz :)

Replies

• z_Zoe_z
    z_Zoe_z Posts: 17
    Options
    Those are the same things I use mine for and it works brilliantly =] The treadmills and elliptical pick up the transmitter really well, and I found that luckily it doesn't interfere with nearby equipment, which is a bonus (I was so worried about that the first time I wore mine to the gym lol)
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_ft_series_heart_rate_monitors

This website is where I ordered mine from. It's on sale for $61.88

As for the HRM itself, I like it. It's good if you want to accurately count your calories and its the best you can get for the price. The only downside is that i have started running more and i wish i would have held out for an hrm with a gps =/

If you want more info I suggest searching the message boards where loads of people have down reviews on this HRM. Either way I think it's a good investment
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! I love it! I use it for all my cardio it is great... couldn't recommend it enough
  • lizzie093
    lizzie093 Posts: 81
    Options
    thankyou so much!

spending 85$ on a watch is alot of money for me seems i have to buy it, my parents wont haha
    i had just been reading the calories on the machines at the gym and one of my friends (who works at a gym) has told me that there totally different to what you actually burn! so this watch will hopefully be good, thanks :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180903925756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 is that the one you have?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love mine! I use it mostly for when I'm actually exercising but I've learned a lot from it. For instance, the other day I had to pick up tree branches, twigs, etc that blew onto my mom's yard before I could mow and I wore the HRM out of curiosity. I ended up burning over 1400 calories and I wouldn't have normally logged it! I was wayyy over and was thinking that I still needed to exercise.
    It's simple to use, it shows your heart rate, updates it very often and shows if you are in your fat burning zone. It is also based on your weight, height, etc. so it should be fairly accurate!
    I wish I would have bought one a long time ago. I got mine at ****s sporting goods for about 80.00 and it comes in pink too. :)
  • PaulaAW
    PaulaAW Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so glad someone has asked this. Ordered mine yesterday.... Can't wait for it to come :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    This is the HRM I bought a few months ago. It's also the only one that I've ever owned but I have no complaints! I like it a lot! I use it several times a week.

I bought mine off of Amazon and it was $65 for the silver...(purple was 70 something if i remember correctly) so check their prices too!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Is it waterproof? Would like to see my calorie burn while doing my lap swimming.
  • lizzie093
    lizzie093 Posts: 81
    Options
    yeppp!! lem it is definally waterproof :)
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love mine!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    mine worked well at 1st now it has issues esp when i do push ups or in plank positions, etc. no sure what the deal is-i did the troubleshooting on it and all and it still does it. hopefully yours wont do the same.
  • misskarenq
    misskarenq Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's indispensable, especially when you venture outside of the cardio equipment that gives you a reading of your calorie burn. Great for running and for group classes such as Body Pump where you haven't a clue what your output is :-)
    Useful to know from others that it is waterproof.