Quick easy lunch ideas....

Options
I need some quick and easy lunch idea. I work as a cashier and frequently I work from like 10am - 2pm or 11am - 3pm, that's right through lunch. I get a 15 minute break. What are some things I can bring to work and eat in 15 minutes? So far I've brought a small salad, half a sandwich, toast, leftovers, nuts and lunchables. I've found that I don't have time to eat anything that needs to be heated up because by the time it's heated in the microwave and cools down I don't have much time to eat at all. I buy food a lot from the food court we have at work, it has things such as pizza, bread sticks, soft pretzels, nachos, etc. but eating that all of the time can't be good for you and I am trying to lose a few pounds (5-10) so I think that eating a better lunch will really help me with that.

Replies

• lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how long you can keep fresh juice, but a vegetable /fruit juice is working good for me for lunches
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    For a quick lunch I mix together 80g of Strawberries, 80g of Blueberries, 80g of Raspberries, 80g of low fat yoghurt and 20g of granola.

Happens to be my lunch pretty much most days. Healthy, filing and quick to eat and make.
  • schaible6
    schaible6 Posts: 2
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously rubbish at this... I have a banana and a cup of hot Marmite most days.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My go to quick lunch is soup I pack it with veggies and protein, make it when I am not working, portion it and stick it in the fridge or freezer. Just don't over heat and you can eat it straight away!
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am into the body by vi. In just a 4 hr. period, i would just take a body by vi shake to work and add protein whey to it to add extra protein, and some fruit. That would hold me the whole 4 hrs. of work.
  • Miss_L
    Miss_L Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Heat and serve brown rice (it isnt too hot to eat, i promise!) with a tin of tuna mixed and veggies such as corn or capsicum :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Cold grain salads (quinoa/rice mixed with veggies)
    Cut up raw vegetables and hummus
    Fruit
    Yogurt or cottage cheese
    Wrap with veggies & your choice of protein