1 Year After Giving Birth And..

Options
My belly still looks 6 months pregnant. Now, I have already cut back on my intake of calories, fat, sugar, etc...and have lost 5 lbs, but, I do not know where to start on exercises for my belly. Any ideas of where I can start?

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have a big belly (not just because I had a baby though) but I have gotten great results from doing jillian michaels 30 day shred on dvd at home. I lost loads of inches from my waist and my 'pooch' as I like to call the flabby bit under my belly button. I'm just about to start my 3rd round of it tonight.
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    To work on belly reduction that is just a calorie deficit with exercise.

I wonder, do you just copy & paste these responses like I do now?
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A lot of walking and pilates did it for me.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I've never been pregs so I don't know -- but I've had the dreaded pooch like chick said, under bellybutton. Yoga was the only thing that helped!
  • leightonsmommy
    leightonsmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Where are you? I'm in the UK and my baby is also coming up to his first birthday. I have a dvd by a british celeb called Davina McCall, that is specifically for pregnancy and post baby. The post baby section has lots of exercises aim-ed at the mummy tummy area. Its pretty gentle, but it has worked for me. I still have a little bit of a pooch, but I had a REALLY flat tummy before my boys, so my expectations are probably a bit high!! Im about to start the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, as a colleague recommended it and Ive read some great reviews/results on here. good luck xx
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Eat well and exercise. Try and get some 'me' time for exercise. I found Jillian Michaels 30 days shred really good when my daughter was younger as i could afford a quick 27mins to exercise while she napped/played. Well done on the weight loss so far
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Caloric deficit will ge rid of fat. You will most likely get fastest results from a mixture of cardio and strength training and a healthy diet
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    While you can't spot reduce, I found lots of core work (planks, Pilates ) help train the muscles to be flatter again. That and general cardio and weight training for the rest of my body.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    To work on belly reduction that is just a calorie deficit with exercise.

I wonder, do you just copy & paste these responses like I do now?

Select the "Quote" options at the end of the message you would like to refer to.